• Chapter 2 •

🔸 Enjoy 🔸

First game

| Rin's POV |

I was walking around Shibuya in hopes I find someone, but I didn't. "Where are the others?... I hope mom and dad are okay..." I muttered.

One of the buildings lit up, I quickly cover my eyes from the sudden brightness, I slowly look up to see big text letters on the screen.

" This way to Game Arena ➡ "

I look at the text as confusing. "A game?" I said. 'Could it be the evacuation?' I decided to follow where the arrow is pointing at. "I'm having a bad feeling about this..."

I'm finally at the 'Game Arena'. Before I enter, I look at the building I'm standing in right now, it looks like from a games event, maybe it's something to do with sports?? 'Should I even trust this?' I ask myself. I take a deep breath and walk inside "I got this...I guess." I said as I shrugged.

The time I came in I saw 9 people in there I felt relief that there were people with me. But the time I came in everyone is looking at me. I already feel uncomfortable from all the staring.

I saw in front of me two tables the left side table has phones while the right side has a bracelet, there's a sign said 'One Per Person' I grab the phone and wear the bracelet.

The bracelet has numbers on it, mine is 10 I don't know what these numbers are all about. I check the phone, and I was shocked that there was a 'Facial Recognition' "Maybe I could use this call mom..." I check the phone it has no bars but full charge and it's no use for making calls.

I sigh in defeat that I could never call my mom the only thing I could do from now is to survive whatever where I am, so I could get help right away.

I hide my face so one could notice me here. I decided to look at everyone, I only move my eyes and tilted my head so no one could notice that I'm observing them.

Some of them look worried and confused like me and there is also someone who is not that nervous like they know what to do.

Our phones start to announce something and said.

" Game closed "

" There are 10 participants in-game. "

" Game: Obstacle "

" Game Difficulty: 10 of Spades "

" Rule: Each of the participants has 10 minutes to finish the obstacle and click the button to clear the game, once they didn't finish within the time limit will be eliminated. Each participant is wearing a bracelet that has numbers on it, whoever got the first one will be the one who has to participate first until the last. "

Okay...that's easy I mean it's just a simple game that we need to win right? Is it just me...or why am I nervous. I mean it's just an obstacle, all you need is to jump and run something like that.

Everyone in the room is confused and started to look at each other. Until one of the men shouts and said. "Such an easy game! The rest of you are toast! haha!" He said it with such confidence as he laughs like we're going to die soon.

Ok, I got triggered by what this man just said. We still don't know what kind of obstacle we will be playing with! I try to calm myself. Well, let's see if you could finish the obstacle within the time limit.

I decided to stretch a little bit since it's an obstacle I just hope that it's easy until I remember about the game's difficulty it's said '10 of spades' although I bet the obstacle is hard

I decided to stretch a little bit since it's an obstacle I just hope that it's easy until I remember about the game's difficulty it's said '10 of spades' although I bet the obstacle is hard. I wonder its meaning.

' It seems like I have to gather more information huh. ' 

I look at everyone for the last time if everyone was experienced or not although some of them are old but still can manage to move normally.

While the man, the one who has the 'confidence' of surviving this game is just chilling before the game starts.

Well, I'm glad that my dad teaches me something like this, my dad always trained me non-stop because I was so lazy and look like a zombie every time I woke up in the morning.

So he decided to train me at least for serious events, if something bad happens to me I could use everything that my dad taught me.

∆ Flashback ∆

| Rin's POV |

"Dad I don't know why you teaching me stuff like this... I could never use this since I'm always inside the house." I said.

Dad look at me and said, "I'm teaching you this because you might need it, well we never know when you could use them, and you got excited every time I teach you new things your kind of a badass you know." Dad smiles at me.

I left speechless I don't know what to say...

My dad came closer to me and pats my head. I like my dad's head pat.

"Well you see back in my high school I was weak. I got bullied because I was a nerd and had no friends. I wanted to kill myself, but I stop myself from that and had a better idea. I decided to become stronger I change my appearance to look handsome. When I came back from school everyone's eyes were on me, they don't recognize me, every girl started to fall in love with me, not until one of the bullies tried to pick a fight with me, in the end, I finished all of them, I got satisfied that I got my revenge on them, it's a good feeling, to be honest."

I listen to my dad's past it was sad at first but in the end, it was cool I never knew dad that got bullied before.

My dad look at me for the last time and said.

" Promise me you use this so you could be able to save your loved ones. "

" I promise. "