• Chapter 14 •

🔸 Enjoy 🔸

Welcome to the Beach

Part 2

| Rin's POV |

Suddenly the bag from my head was finally removed. 'Where am I?' I ask myself, blinking a few times to get a clear view "Good morning." I look in front of me seeing a lady standing with a big grin on her face. Creepy.

"I'm sorry that we were so rough." Said the guy with glasses standing right next to the smiling lady. "We heard that some people were sneaking around the place."

Not until another girl came in, all of them are wearing beach attire. "What are your motives?" Ask the tall lady "We heard that we'll know the answer... if we come here." Said Arisu. I nod at them so they won't witness that was lying.

"What this game is about and where all the people who disappeared went." Arisu explains. A door suddenly opened, it seems like this is their boss. "Exactly." He said, "We know the answers to the questions you three have." He went behind us but gladly he's not that close to me because I was on the left side next to Arisu.

The Boss look at Arisu and said "Welcome." Then he looks at Usagi, "To The Beach, the Utopia." Then suddenly he looked at me, I turn my head quickly to the side but it seems he caught me.

"What's with the hood up?" He asks, I only stared at my lap couldn't make up a word.
"She doesn't like showing her face." Said Arisu as he glared at him, I'm glad he save me from there.

"Oh, then let's have a little peek." he said and I could imagine that he has this big grin on his face, "Wait don-" He went closer to me and put my hood down Arisu tries to stop him but failed. My heart is beating faster maybe it's because my hood was down.

My anxiety kicks in. The boss gently lifts my chin, I'm nervous about what he's going to do to me. "Stop that! You made her uncomfortable." Said Arisu already piss off.

"Hmm. Not bad for a pretty face." He smirks. He let go of my chin then went behind us. "This is the answer." He snap his fingers then his two bodyguards went in front pushing the wall to the side.

I saw the girl with long hair smile widely. 'Suspicious.' I said to myself.

I saw behind them full of X marks on the cards while the other cards are unmarked. "I'll tell you the truth." Their boss went in front starts to explain the things we need to know.

| No One's POV |

"There's only one way to end this hellish nightmare. We clear the games and collect all the playing cards." The boss said "All the playing cards?" Ask Arisu "So if we gather all of them, will the original world return?" Added Usagi. The boss look at them and said, "The original world will not return. Only one person can return to the original world." said Hatter.

"What? That's impossible." Said Rin in disbelief, "Only one person?" Ask Arisu making sure of what he just heard "It's impossible for a single person. To clear all the games and gather all 52 playing cards. You can't leave this country by working alone." said Hatter.

"That's why everyone unites as one, to let that one person leave the country. This is the Beach's objective." He said walking towards them and said.

"I've heard that the two of you possess good cards. I'll have you three of you play your part and help us gather the remaining cards." said Hatter as he smirks at them.

"What if we refuse?" Ask Arisu thinking of what could be the consequences. "You can't reject me." Said the Hatter with a smile "Your visa is expiring today." The Boss shows Arisu the piece of paper that Arisu has been checking his visa.

"You have no choice but to participate in a game, don't you?" He drops the paper on his desk. As Arisu looks at him shocked, "We can return if we gather all the cards. Is that true?" Ask Usagi looking at Hatter.

"I can't reveal everything yet, but I have a credible source for that information. Before both of you entered this world, we already thoroughly investigated everything about this country." said, Hatter.

"You've been referring to this place as a 'country'." Asks Arisu, "The fact that we've been issued visas." Pointed Hatter, "Means that this is a country. The people in Tokyo didn't just disappear." said Hatter.

"It's hypothesized that we've entered another country accidentally. If that's true, then there must be a way to return." Said The Boss who explains it a byword for them to understand.

Not until these ladies spoke up. "And we created an organization here." Said the one with a smile. Rin look at her with a suspicious look, "Fuels are used to generate electricity, and rainwater is used as a water supply." Said the tall lady.

"We have even secured firearms around the country. However, only a selected few are allowed to use them." said Hatter, "Our objective is to unite and collect all the playing cards." Said the guy with glasses.

Hatter stands up from where he's sitting "And...there are only three rules in this Utopian Beach."

" Rule number one. You must always wear swimsuits at the Beach. "

"What?" Suddenly ask Arisu "You can't hide firearms in a swimsuit. Safe, isn't it?" Hatter laughs,

" Your free to drink, take drugs, or even have sex! "

" Feel free to enjoy your life to the fullest. "

" We damaged all the door locks with super glue. "

" No one is allowed to hide anything! "

" Rule number two. All playing cards belong to the Beach. "

" We will take away all the cards the two of you possess. "

" Those that have contributed more cards will be promoted to a higher number. "

" After everyone works together to get the first person out the country, if we gather enough duplicated cards, we will soon be able to have the second or even the third person to leave this country. "

" The day will come when everyone at the Beach will be able to leave! "

"And when will that be?" Asks Rin "What if... I reject your offer?" Added Arisu. The boss slowly look behind them he went silent at first then said. As the atmosphere becomes heavier.

" Rule number three of the Beach. This is the last rule. Death to traitors. "

The three of them went shocked "Everyone at the Beach vowed to produce the first departure from this country at the cost of our lives. It's our mission, our duty!" The Boss screams the last word.

"Those who show contempt for that...will never be forgiven by the Beach."

Everyone in the room stared at the three of them giving pressure to the room. "Usagi. Rin. I'm sorry." Said Arisu "I dragged you two into this."

"Don't apologize. I wasn't dragged into this. This is the path I chose." Said Usagi determined

"Hm. I have no regrets at all..." Said Rin. Hatter starts to whistle waiting for them to answer then walks towards the X marks of cards, Hatter laughs and cheered holding the cards up high showing the 7 of Hearts and 10 of Spades.

Showing that those cards are unmarked in their collection. "It's the Seven of Hearts and the Ten of Spades!" said Hatter with a big grin, "Luck is on our side. Now we're another step closer to departure! Thank you!" said Hatter looking at Arisu and Rin like he owes those two.

"We will consider promoting both of you to a higher rank number."

" Well then, please enjoy your stay at the Beach. "