• Chapter 25 •

Hope

🔸 Enjoy 🔸

Arisu was a relief seeing Rin safe along with Usagi. Arisu doesn't know what he do if he knew both of them were in danger or worse dead. He doesn't want it to happen again. The death of his dearest friends hurt him the most. The way he wanted to die that day only to apologize to them. He doesn't want it to happen again.

After Rin hugged Arisu everyone went to a safe place to rest first. "It's good to see you!", this time Tatta hugged Arisu. Arisu smiled at Tatta, "You're okay?" "Uh-huh, thank you..." Arisu smiled even more at Tatta. 'He's so kind...' "I hate to break this to you now, but we only have 30 minutes left," said Usagi, Rin looked at her phone and it was indeed they only had 30 minutes left. 

"We have to find the Witch or else it's game over..." Rin mumbled to herself, "With those militants on the loose I don't think we'll last outside." said Usagi, "We need to make a plan." replied Rin, "If that's the case, explain the rules to me quickly." said Arisu.

As Rin and Usagi explain the rules to Arisu meanwhile at the Beach a lot of people get killed as the Militants start to wonder if they're doing the right thing this whole time, Every person they killed every person they have thrown out in the fire they realize that haven't found the Witch with the time they have. Did they waste their time? Does the Witch hide somewhere? What if there were the Witch?

"This is the worst of the games yet." Arisu was frustrated, "But just like those horse-headed taggers we met before, they were forced to participate with rules of their own." Tatta was pacing back and forth, "I don't want to remember it again," said Rin, Rin was traumatized that day. Arisu looks at Rin, "I'm sure it's the same this time. The witch had to kill that girl to start the game and try to survive until the end. In other words, the witch clears the game if everyone at the Beach gets a Game Over, or gets killed by the laser."

"The witch must be hiding in plain sight. Or maybe...there is something that we have missed the moment the game starts," Rin looked at everyone in the room, "But who the hell could be the witch?" said Tatta, "If I were the Witch, I'd join the others in the hunt. Because it'd be Game Over if I was caught." what Usagi just said she got a point in there. What would you do if you were the Witch? We have our ways. 

"So, it's someone in the militant corps?" asked Asahi, "Niragi, Last Boss, or Aguni, huh?" Tatta drops the possibility of who could be the Witch is, "That doesn't add up...the most likely who would betray the militants is none other than Niragi. I just think he would start killing the militants whatever he wants or kill someone higher than him. But still, I don't have the feeling that they could be the Witch."

Rin trusts her gut intuition, if she starts feeling something it could be a bad or good thing. It's her and her gut intuition against the world. With her trust in her intuition, this could be the key for her to win. "It's a Hearts Game after all," said Arisu. Arisu experienced it the way his friends fought to win the game in his previous game. He saw how his friends changed their behavior the moment they realized about death. And sacrifice themselves for him to survive. They weren't even mad, they left their last words to Arisu as Arisu wanted to help them but couldn't. If that's what they wanted then he would it just for them. Arisu wouldn't be alive if Rin didn't save him and for Usagi to knock some sense at him with her words. Arisu wouldn't be here if weren't for them. 

Arisu was thankful that he met them. 

"Something's not right. What it could be? If I was the witch, how would I steer the game to win?"

.

.

.