• Chapter 18 •

🔸Enjoy 🔸

Tragedies

| Rin's POV |

After the meeting, Hatter takes us somewhere to talk but... This is getting kinda awkward because Hatter started kissing the two girls then drinking alcohol or something...

Arisu and I  just sitting there awkwardly waiting for him to finish. Hatter kissed the girl's forehead and said, "You should drink too, Arisu."

Arisu gets the glass on the table then Hatter started to talk. All I could think of now is get out of here and get some sleep.

I was in my thoughts then suddenly Hatter started to laugh. "There's no poison in it!" He said, I look at Arisu still holding the glass in his hands then Hatter stands up and drinks it showing to him it's not poisoned.

"It seems like you don't trust me." Why would we? I mean we just met a few days how are you going to expect that we going to trust that fast.

My trust issues starting to kick in. I want to get some rest now... "I like your prudence. What did you do in the original world?" He asks Arisu.

I was curious so I look at him. "Nothing," said Arisu, I wasn't expecting that kind of answer, I decided to look down at the ground I could feel that Hatter is going to ask me after Arisu.

"So you're a NEET?.. I ran a host club in Kabukicho. It's called Beach. Have you heard of it?" Hatter said it proudly. To be honest I kinda wanted to punch these girls looking at Arisu.

Arisu shakes his head quickly avoiding his gaze. "It was quite famous, you know? Beach, Beach, there's no sand but it's the Utopia Beach." He look at Arisu quite in a disappointed look, his voice went monotone.

"It was advertised all over Tokyo on cars with loudspeakers, you know?" said Hatter, "All I did was play games at home." Said Arisu. Hatter looks at me wanting an answer.

"I... Uhm well y-yes." I said it as my voice got quiet. Hatter smiled at me. I somehow hear it when parents used to talk about The Beach, planning to have a vacation there. But I wasn't expecting that this thing called Beach was from Hatter after all.

"Did you know? I wanted to be the best in Kabukicho... desperately." Hatter stands up and walks towards us. I was getting nervous and my heart started to beat fast like I'm going to pass out soon.

"My subordinates all looked up to me and I told them I'll do whatever it takes to rule over this place!" As he sits next to me, I move closer to Arisu as our skins met.

Me and Arisu sitting here like statues. "As a host, it's all over if you're looked down on by your customers. No matter how much you've made to drink... you must never lose your human pride."

"I instilled that mindset into my subordinates." Hatter removes his shades, "However...that pushed him over the edge. Him?? "In the dormitory, he hanged himself." said Hatter.

Arisu and I look at him. "Everyone. They all left me. I... I wanted to rule the place with them." Hatter is having a breakdown. I feel bad. "Now that I think about it, his death was a necessary evil." Hatter look at us.

"In order for me to mature." said Hatter he was about to continue but Arisu cut him off, "Mature?" Arisu asks, Hatter stands up again and spread his arm wide saying, "In this new Beach, all the players will devote their bodies and lives to me!"

Hearing Hatter saying that it makes me weak inside. Hatter looks at us and points to himself.

" And I will be a hero. "