Chapter Nine

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️
this chapter contains the following; mentions of sexual assault, anxiety, violence, mentions of abuse, mature language and slight sexual content.

Y/N'S POV

1 WEEK LATER

The winter break sadly came to an end. I'll miss all the fun I spent in Paris with my friends and my parents, but especially Arlo. The both of us grew closer and more comfortable. We aren't exactly official, but we have a thing for each other I guess.

'Y/n! Come here please!" My father called out. I turned around to look at him, and my mother was standing next to him. I walk towards them hesitantly. Usually when they both wanted to talk to me it probably was because I was in trouble, and in this case I was right.

"You and Arlo are getting closer and we just wanted to thank you, it will make the marriage easier," My mum said as she touched my face.
I look at my dad confused.

"Marriage?! What marriage? I'm not marrying anyone!"
"Listen, when you broke up with Draco we had to find a replacement, someone with wealth, someone who had a name and we thought the Rosiers would be perfect for this, and it turns out they are." My dad said.
"And we have giving you everything you've asked for. We just ask you for this one thing-"
Before he could finish his sentence I was fuming with anger.

"Wait so that's why you gave me all those gifts? That's why you treated me so nicely? For me to agree to an arranged marriage? Do you know how self centered and selfish that sounds?!"
They both look at me in disappointment.

"You are marrying him and that's final Y/n, I'm sorry but you have no choice."
I prefer to die than marry him, but they didn't know that and I like the gifts so the word I'm about to say has nothing to do with Arlo but everything to do with me.
"Fine."

"We wanted to talk to you about something else that worries us," My mother said.
I nod at her, she looks at my father with anguish in her eyes.
"Well, you know about the Riddles right?"
"I guess." I say, unsure of where this conversation is going.

"It has come to our attention that you have been speaking to you-know-who's son." My dad says to me, giving me the worst death stare I've ever seen. I gulped.
"I had no choice, Professor Snape made us sit together for potions class," I said with uneasiness.
They both gasp very loudly.

Grabbing my arm and looking at me straight in the eye, my mother says to me,
"Y/n! You better listen to me, I don't want you to even look at that boy for Merlin's sake, his family wants to kill us Y/n! You should've told us!" She stares at my father and tells him "I'm going to talk to Dumbledore and get him sacked right this second!"
Before my dad could say anything back, I quickly say
"No, you can't sack him, it was wrong for him to do that but he doesn't deserve to be fired for it."
"Fine." she says, she storms out of the room madly. I look at my dad and he's rubbing his chin thoughtfully.
"Promise me Y/n," he says. "Promise me you'll stay away from that boy."
"I promise." I lie.

As I was saying my goodbyes to my parents, I felt Arlo's hands wrap around my waist, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hello beautiful," Arlo said smiling.

"Hey Arlo," I say happily.
Arlo clears his throat, "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Esmeray."
My parents give him a nod, "How are you Arlo?" my father asks.
"I'm doing well Sir," Arlo replies.
"Take care of my daughter, will you."
"Of course." Arlo said nodding.
Once I say goodbye for the last time,  Arlo and I head for the train.