Chapter Thirteen

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️
this chapter contains the following: mentions of pregnancy, anxiety, mature language, vomiting, and mentions of death.

"Pregnant?" My father asks me.
"Yes, she is pregnant with my child."
"How do you know?"
"The same way every Riddle knows their child is being carried. I can feel the heartbeat whenever I touch Y/n," Once I said that, the grin on Voldemort's face grew.
"Since when?" He interrogates me. I wish he would shut the fuck up already.

"Last week," I answered him. I didn't want to tell him this, but it was the only way. It was the only way to keep her alive, and it's the truth. The Riddle men can feel their child's heartbeat whenever they touch the mother. It is something that no other family can do. Powerful.

"You know what this means, don't you?" Voldemort's raspy voice calls out to me.
"Yeah." I feel like I'm going to be sick. This is beyond evil.
"Bring her to me after she finds out." He states sternly.
"No." I try to reject him. I will not let him do that to her.
"Bring me the girl, and you both will live to meet your child."

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I have no choice.

I quickly apparated from the Manor and into Knockturn alley. Back to Hogwarts, I guess.

Once I reached my room, everything hit me. A baby. I am having a child, with someone I'm meant to hate-- to kill. This isn't fair. My father has evil plans and none of this is going to end well.

I don't cry, at all, but this was different. It affected me more than anything, so I let it all out. In my room. Alone. I shouldn't be keeping this from Y/n, it's wrong. I need to tell her but how? How do I do that?

I killed her parents and told her. She hates me. I'm used to being hated, but it feels different with her. Everything feels different with her but I will never say that aloud. Never.

Love is weakness, or at least that's what I was taught.
But I don't love her, I don't. These are small feelings, something completely different.
I wish things were different.

Y/n's POV

Usually, people go through the five stages of grief for days, weeks, or even months. But I went through all five stages in one night. Though it sounds impossible, it is not.

Denial was the first stage, which happened when Mattheo first told me that he killed my parents.

Anger was the second. Letting out screams once he shut the door, breaking and throwing stuff in my room, and being mean to those he came in to help me.

The third stage, Bargaining. I played the 'what if' game with myself. 'What if I died first, then I wouldn't be hurt,' or 'What if my great grandparents didn't kill a Riddle'. That last question is interesting, I couldn't really answer that one on my own.

The fourth stage, depression. Staying in my bed for hours but it didn't last long since the next stage began.

Acceptance. I came to realize that people die. It's life. My parents put me through hell and back, they did deserve what happened to them. I will admit that. And I can finally move on from that life they gave me. I can focus on myself now, and not worry about money or a stupid arranged marriage.

I was sent a letter from Gringotts Wizarding Bank, informing me to meet at the bank with identification. I inherited all of my parents money. I was officially the richest seventeen year old in the wizarding world. It felt good.

Last christmas, I had a glowup, but it was only for my appearance.

Now, I plan on changing my entire attitude and personality. I'm very tired of being stepped on, my feelings hurt, and talked down on. I'm tired of not having friends or being bothered because of it. This was going to change, today.