Cliche Confessions [Dream]

You're gonna confess like one of those cliche rom com plots- also 2021 hurts me. It's not even the new year, but it hurts me.

Pronouns: they/them

A love struck grin was stitched onto your face as you gazed lovingly at the male in front of you. Maybe it was from the utter joy he seemed to emanate as he wheezed. Maybe it was the fact that the grin on his own face widened as he chatted with people in the Among Us lobby. But what you did know was that you were in love.

Patches was curled up on your back as you lay on your stomach on the kettle like male, hearing his lungs deflate like a balloon. You weren't on your phone like you usually were so, since he was facing away from you, you could stare all you want.

Patches yawned as she stretched, nearly digging her claws into your back, snapping you out of your trance.

"I'm so sorry, Patches," you apologized quietly as Dream let out a yell of surprise as someone killed him.

"George!" He shouted, staring at the screen with a baffled expression, "George- and they find my body."

You held back a laugh as the male leaned back in his chair, taking off his headphones as he muted his mic.

"What are you laughing about?"

"Nothin'." You waved your hand dismissively as the green eyed male nodded slowly, seemingly suspicious as he turned back to the screen, where his character was absentmindedly floating in the middle of the cafeteria.

"You know I could feel you staring, right?" He asked as he unmuted his mic to talk to the dead players. You sputtered as quietly as you could, face flushing deeply. You stuffed your face into one of the blankets on his bed and began laughing, trying to ease the embarrassment you felt.

A few hours later, you were showing Patches memes on your phone that had popped up in your timeline, to which she made some sort of laughing attempt. It was so odd that you had nearly given away your presence to the stream.

"What are you both doing?" Dream asked as he turned his chair to face you, a serious expression on his face.

"Jokin'." You shrugged as Patches stretched beside you. "Did the stream end?"

"No. I was just bored because Quackity killed me." He rested his elbows on his knees and leaned over. "But seriously, why were you staring at me earlier? You looked like you found out about the moo blooms for the first time."

You laughed, scratching your cheek as you stared into his soul.

"Would it be fine if I told you the truth?"

"That's what I'd prefer."

"You just make me so happy it's unnatural." Slowly, his interested expression lifted up into a bright grin as he yelled out happily.

"Let's go! Can we get some pogchamps- wait, that's Tommy's thing." He laughed happily as he held out his arms and ushered for you to come over. You did so and he hugged you tightly, resting his head on your shoulder as you hugged back. He buried his nose into your neck and you felt his lips move against the fabric of your shirt.

"You make me happy, too."

"This is like a really cliche confession in those cheesy rom com's." The two of you laughed and you rested your chin on Dream's head.

"Don't you dare make fun of my rom com's."