Memento Mori [DreamSMP]

ANGST, LETS GOOO. A part two to Unus Annus. Once again SLIGHT SPOILERS

I like making people suffer :]

Pronouns: they/them

You looked around, noticing that grass you floated over slowly turn yellow, and the flower in front of your grave turning a disgusting shade of brown. You tilted your head, furrowing your brows as you reached out to pick the orchid up, only to Yelp as it shriveled even more.

A frown decorated your face as you backed away from the flower, which caused it to spring back up in a comical way. You gasped silently in wonder as you repeated the action a few more times before turning back to the sheep. Their big eyes stared up at you and you broke out into a grin, cradling their head gently.

"I don't know who you are, but you remind me of a friend of mine! I can't remember who he was, but you two look very similar!" You hummed as you began playing with the sheep's wool once again. "How come you aren't dying?" Your new friend let out a small noise before nudging the lead they were attached to, practically telling you to take it. You grinned brightly and took it, pointing in a random direction.

"We'll go over there, friend! That's where Manburg was! When we get there- oh, I can't wait to show you around!"

//

Ranboo yawned as he gave Enderchest's head a few scratches before he walked out of his comfort room, ready to do some mining with Fundy. He wiped at his singed cheeks, wincing at the pain that his tears caused him as he hoisted his pickaxe over his shoulder, humming a Lemon Demon song as he began on his trek.

However, he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw a transparent figure. It wasn't Ghostbur, oh no, no, no. However, they did look familiar.

Looking around quickly to see if anyone else was around, the teen stumbled down the stairs leading to his house, hurrying over to whoever that was.

"What are you looking at, friend?" Their voice echoed loudly, although it seemed like they were trying their best to be quiet. "Oh! I don't recognize you! Hello, I'm-"

"[Y/N]," Ranboo gaped, staring at the figure as they floated over to him. He couldn't believe it. This had to be some sort of joke or something, it had to be. "You're- you're here!"

"Yes, I am? But you still haven't said your name! This is Friend!" You- you didn't remember him? Did you at least remember finding Enderchest with him? "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm Ranboo." He tried his best to smile, though it immediately fell as the ghost nodded happily.

"That's a nice name! Say, do you remember where Manburg is? I can't seem to find it."

Manburg? It was dead, why would you want to go there?

"It's gone," It pained Ranboo to say that. From what he had heard, you were rather loyal to Manburg and were absolutely devastated when it had died. "But I can lead you to the remains of L'Manburg if you want, though?" You frowned but nodded.

"Oh, alright. If you don't mind, do you know what happened to Manburg?"

//

"Wow! It's in ruins!" You gaped as you held onto Friend's lead tightly, a smile on your face as you hurried to the edge of the decaying grass. "This is great!" Great? How was L'Manburg great if it was gone?

"If you don't mind me asking, do you remember anything?" Ranboo questioned, causing you to turn around and furrow your brows. "Like, do you remember Phil? Dream? Anyone?"

"Well, I remember Wilbur! Oh- and Henry and Fungi! And Jschlatt, too! Kind of, at least," there seemed to be a pattern there. Wilbur was dead, Fungi and Henry w- wait. Did you only remember death?

"They're dead, [Y/N]. Wilbur, Henry, Fungi, Manburg, they're all dead." He gulped nervously as your face fell. He avoided your gaze and looked at the ground, noticing how the grass under him shriveled quickly.

"They're dead?"

//

"Friend! I'm back- Friend?" Ghostbur looked around trying to look for the blue sheep, "Where did you go, silly? I wanted to get some more blue!" Calling out for the animal once more, he frowned and began floating around, hurriedly looking for his companion.

"Ghostbur, what are you doing?" Tommy shouted at the ghost, who spared him a simple glance. "Wilbur? Are you okay?" Ghostbur froze and looked back to the grave that once had a lively blue flower.

"[Y/N]?"

//

You looked down at your hands, a dark shade of grey from your lack of life, with wide eyes, noticing how they weren't the [Skin Tone] skin they once were. You felt your face, only to feel nothing but cold, unlike how warm you once were. You were wearing a suit, very different from what you had worn when you were alive.

Alive?

You had been alive? It couldn't be- all you- all you could remember- no. No, no, no. You were never alive. All those memories that wasted away in your life, all the times you had bonded with the people on the SMP. Your first death whenDream had pushed you off of Tommy's cobblestone tower, your second death when Sapnap had shot you in the forehead,  the finally death- the final death you could barely remember, as if it had never existed in the first place.

Your ears were ringing by this point and lapis blue tears fell from your tear ducts, staining your grey face blue as you gripped your forearms. They had been the first to go, when the withers had begun shooting. They had begun decaying almost immediately, rendering any tools useless as you begged for help.

Your head began hurting and the all too familiar feeling of your body slowly disintegrating to nothing but ashes washed over you. However, you knew it wasn't real, despite your dead brain telling you otherwise. You let out a strangled sob as you looked at your slowly blackening self and, with wide eyes, reached out to a startled Ranboo, who looked ready to break out in tears at your current state.

"Ranboo- please- help me," you choked out, face contorting into one of pain as you tried grabbing him, "Ranboo, I- I don't wanna die again. Please, Ran-" you began sobbing, trying your best to keep from falling over as he pain became unbearable. "I don't wanna die."

Ranboo stumbled back, tripping over one of the holes in the ground, falling down into the pit. He could hear the pain you were going through and it pained him, as well. He could see particles floating in the wind toward him, like ash from a cigar or a fire.

"Memento Mori."

[SERVER MESSAGE] [Y/N] left the game.

A shiver ran down his spine as a flurry of ashes floated up into the sky, scattering about the SMP.