Midnight

Evan above ^^^ or >>> depending what you are reading on.

Listen to the song on the side too.

UNEDITED

I spotted Alice as I was walking down the street. Oliver was going on about something that he did at his day care simply because the teacher in his classroom congratulated him on his addition skills and he was giving me a play-by-play of what happened. I was halfway listening to him go on with his story, only getting bits and pieces of it.

When I saw her walking towards us, I grabbed Oliver's hand and urged him to walk faster than he was originally. "Autumn," he whined, taking his arm out of my grasp, "I am a big boy and do not need any hand holding."

Ignoring him, I grabbed his hand and made him stop walking. He opened his mouth to say something back to me, but Alice beat him to it, "Hello, Night Owl," she greeted me. "I saw your pictures of the football game and track meet online."

"Hello, Alice," I greeted her, "what are you doing out at this time of night?" It was only seven at night, Oliver and I walking around before he went to bed, plus mom and dad were out having a date night.

Her blonde hair bounced upwards for a moment when she shrugged her shoulders, "Enjoying the silence of the night. How is your little brother doing?"

Oliver took a few steps back and stood behind me, using me as his bodyguard. I reached behind me, and put my hand on his back to comfort him. "He is doing fine."

"Do you want to do any sports, little one?" Alice asked him, leaning down to his eye level.

Oliver nodded his head, "Baseball or soccer," he mumbled into my leg.

The tips of Alice's mouth twisted upwards into a smile, "Well, you might what to start soon, because the best players always start young." She stood up and looked at me in the eye, "Autumn, I hope that you enjoy the rest of your night. If you want to come over, I am hosting a party." She walked passed me, stopping right next to me, whispering in my ear, "But the little boy stays at home."

Once she was a few yards behind me, I called out to her, "Don't count on it."

She raised her hand in the air, waving, "I never do."

When she was out of sight, Oliver skipped in front of me, "Can we go back home? I know where mom keeps the gummies and I would like to have some before mom and dad come back home."

I raised an eyebrow at him, "How do you know that I am even going to let you have some gummies when we arrive back home?"

"Because you love me," Oliver said, giving me a cheeky smile.

"Yes I do, Ollie, but that does not mean that I am going to give you gummies," I told him.

He held up a hand, showing me his five fingers, "Can I have five gummies? Just five? Five is all I need."

"Fine," I sighed, "but five is all you get, nothing more. Got it?"

He nodded and clapped his hands in excitement, "I get to have gummies!"

* * * * *

Mom and dad busted Oliver and I for eating the rest of the gummies, surpassing our five gummy limit. Oliver's punishment was to have no dessert after dinner and had to go to bed early and mine was no television. Which was not that bad, I was happy that I did not have to watch television, I got to be in my room to finish my homework.

And got to stare at the oak tree in my backyard.

Ever since that night I sneaked out, I have been waiting for another opportunity to climb on the tree.