Different Views

Don't forget to comment and vote.

Over 4700 words

UNEDITED

Mom, dad, and I had to take Oliver to his first soccer practice of the season. His first soccer practice ever. Mom and dad told him that he had to bring his inhaler with him and when he did not feel well, he had to immediately sit out and take a few breaths out of it and rest for five minutes before going back into the practice.

I just told him to have fun and do not pass out.

Mom and dad glared at me for that one.

I rode in the car with mom, dad, and Oliver with him and I sitting in the back of the car. I had brought some gummies and we were playing rock, paper, scissors and who ever won got a gummy every round. I had kept on winning once I figured out that he kept playing paper over and over again.

It took him a few times to realize that he was using the same hand signal all over again and when he did, he used rock and finally got himself a gummy.

When he arrived at his soccer practice we waited a few minutes for Oliver to put on his shin guards, socks, and cleats in the car.

"Autumn," I glanced up from Oliver, "Did you bring your camera with you?"

I nodded and reached behind me to get my camera bag. I opened it and started to put my lens on my camera. "I did, I figured that I needed to record this moment and put them in the books," I explained to dad, "Who knows, Oliver might turn out to be the greatest soccer player of all time."

"Aren't you putting a lot of pressure on Oliver?" Mom asked me.

"No, because he should just do his best and make friends," I told her. "Plus, this could give Oliver a chance to make new friends."

When Oliver was done getting ready for his practice, he grabbed the soccer ball that was under his feet. "Are you guys ready to watch me play?" he opened the door and closed it behind him. He was waiting for the rest of us to leave the car and join him outside. Once we were outside, dad locked the door.

As Oliver was practically skipping towards his soccer team, I rose my camera towards my face, stood still, and took pictures of Oliver walking.

When we reached the opening in the fence to enter onto the field, Oliver stopped and turned around to face us. "How do I know which one is my team?"

Dad took out something in his back pocket and read what it said. "It says that they are going to be on the last field on the left. Your team is going to be called the Avengers. Apparently, the family that started this team is a big fan of the Marvel movies and they voted for it a few weeks ago." He folded the paper and handed to me, "Autumn, we forget to get Oliver a water bottle. Can you bring take him to his team? We will be gone for only a few minutes."

I nodded, putting the paper in my front pocket.

Oliver looked behind at me and furrowed his eyebrows, "Where are mom and dad going, Fall?"

I gave him a look, "When did you start calling me Fall? Evan and sometimes dad calls me dad."

He shrugged his shoulders, "Evan and I both thought that you get a new nickname."

Answering his question, "They are going to go get a water for you. They spent a lot of time worrying about you having your inhaler that they forget about a water bottle. Don't worry buddy," I told him, putting my hand on his back, "they still are going to watch you play."

He smiled and started to go to the right, the opposite side of the way that we were suppose to go.

"Buddy, your soccer team is in the other direction," I explained to him.