Explanations

A bit short but not by much

Do not forget to vote and comment

UNEDITED

When morning broke, I went across the oak tree and into my bedroom. Alice was still sleeping in my bed, muttering stuff incoherent words every few seconds. She turned over in my bed, misjudging the end of the bed and landed on the ground.

"Ouch," she groaned, sitting up from the ground. Alice spotted me opening my drawers to get some clothes out of. "How was your late night date, Night Owl?"

I pulled out a random Marvel shirt and a pair of skinny jeans, then closed the drawer. "Evan took the floor while I fell asleep on his bed," I told her. I walked over to the door, opening it. Right before I closed it, I said, "And he kissed me."

Alice gasped, "Don't leave me hanging. I want details!" She opened the bedroom door and followed me. "Aren't you going to tell me how it happened?"

I shook my head and she groaned. "Not at this moment." I walked into the bathroom, "But I might tell you, and Laura, what happened when we go dress shopping tomorrow."

She sighed and crossed her arms over her chest. "So I don't get any of the good juicy bits from last night, at all? Don't you think that that is a unfair? I am the one that has been pushing you towards the cross country boy."

"Both, you and Laura, were pushing me towards me," I reminded. "You are both going to find out what happened tomorrow. That is, if you both want to go dress shopping for our dresses for the winter formal."

Alice focused her gaze on the floor, "I don't have enough money to buy a dress that I am only going to wearing once in my lifetime. My parents don't exactly give me the allowance they used to after they whole drug thing was announced."

I waved my hand in the air, telling her to not worry about it. "My mom and dad found a thrift shop about two hours away that sell the best used clothes, jewelry, and, guess what, dresses."

"I don't think-"

"That is a good idea?" I finished for her. "It is. Did I ever tell you the story of when my dad kissed Logan?'

Alice shook her head.

"They were at a some wedding that she got paid to photograph. They didn't have anything to wear to the occasion and they some how found a thrift shop. Logan got a lot of clothes and a beautiful teal dress, I've seen pictures of it, and dad got his tux. It was cheap and they looked amazing at the wedding, I've also seen those pictures of them dancing together at the wedding. While they were dancing to a song, they kissed," I explained to her.

I continued, "Honestly, because he is my dad and she is my step-mom, I think it was one of the most beautiful romantic stories I have ever heard. But, from someone who reads wedding stories everyday and takes pictures, that story line has gotten a bit cliche. Don't you think?"

She laughed at my ending. "It's sweet."

"They were roommates for almost a semester then he finally got the courage to kiss her. He had not even told her that he had a kid back home," I said. "But, they hadn't gotten together, Oliver would not be here today."

Her face became cumbersome. "If we hadn't met, Oliver wouldn't be in the state he is in today."

"Don't say that," I said in a stern voice. "Oliver already had asthma. It got worse because I was not making sure he was not following me to your house. It is my fault not yours."

"How did you get the guilt out of your system?"

"When I see him smiling while he was running on the soccer field. He is not allowing the asthma to get the better of him. He enjoys playing soccer," I explained to her. "So, you can stop with the guilt. It messes with your head."