Moments

Please vote and comment.

UNEDITED

"Has Jace asked you out to the winter formal yet?" I asked Alice.

Alice rolled her eyes at me, "Has Evan asked you out to the formal yet?"

"No, he hasn't," I responded. "And you did not answer my question."

She focused on the book in front of her, "When he dropped me off," she whispered.

"He did?" Laura said, shocked. "Did you say yes?"

"No, I turned him down," she said sarcastically. "Of course I said yes, he is the only other person, besides Autumn's family, and you, Laura, to accept who I was. It feels like I am hitting reset thanks to you two. Anyways, have you two decided who is going to be the man and who is going to be the woman?"

Laura groaned, "We are going just as friends."

"What about your lover, Autumn? Has he asked you yet," Alice pressed.

"I already have a date," I grabbed their backpacks and threw them at Laura and Alice. "We have to go to school and learn more about history and math." I grabbed my own backpack and they were getting theirs together. "Are you going to drive, Laura or should I take my car?"

"Didn't you hear?" I shook my head. "It's senior ditch day. We are going to ditch school today."

I tilted my head to the side, "Senior ditch day isn't until next semester. In May. Nice try, Laura."

"Fine, but we are taking your car."

"Okay then, you are paying for gas."

"Sho-" Laura started.

"Shot gun," Alice finished and smirked at Laura. "You are sitting in the back of the car."

Once we arrived at the school, we immediately went to our classes because we were a few minutes late. Laura had to buy donuts for food day in her French class.

I ran to Mr. Collin's class and knocked on the door. He opened the door quickly, "Finally, Ms. Riles decides to grace us with her presence today. You know your punishment." He handed me two math textbooks and told me to stand on the X that was in the corner of the room, right next to his desk. "Don't forget to put your phone on the board."

I dropped my bag on the floor and handed Collin my phone. I watched him put my phone in the designated place for my phone that had my last name written across the space. Everyone else's name was also on the board.

Well, that is new.

He handed me the test, "You have the rest of the class period to finish the test."

I glanced down at the test. It only had one question. And it was hard. Great.

It took me thirty minutes to get to the right answer. I handed the paper to Collin and he gave it a once over.

"Congratulations, to Autumn, she is the first person to turn in the paper, despite the fact that she showed up late. And with the first hundred," Collin commented. "The next person to get the answer right gets a 99 and the once after that gets a 98."

Someone in the back raised their hand. "What if we get the answer wrong?"

"It depends how close you were," he said. "You can get an 85, 50, or 0. Or somewhere in between. It just depends on how badly you screwed up."

The class groaned.

Seeing my chance, "Can I sit down?"

The entire class looked up at Collin, waiting for his response. He sighed, "Sure, but keep the books at your desk, and get your phone." I followed his instructions and laid my phone on my desk.