Smoked

Do not hate me.

UNEDITED

The football game was going to end in three minutes, and we were ten points up of the opponent. I had stopped talking pictures and waiting for the team to jump and do one of those team celebration dances, so I was walking back up to the top of the bleachers, trying not to knock into anyone.

Since we were on the visiting side, the highest point was the actual last seats of the bleachers, not a box where the principal and 'VIP' people hang out on. And the people at the highest point were people that I used to be. Only there for the 'pick me ups.'

I hugged my camera closer to me, for comfort, as I neared the top. I looked down at the scoreboard, taking one last photograph of the final minute, not realizing the opponent had made a touchdown in the last two minutes and made a field goal afterwards, now only being three points behind.

The football team on the sidelines were starting to became tense, jumping on their toes and screaming at their teammates.

I glanced around the bleachers, taking a few of the people holding hands, praying that we managed to maintain the lead. No one made a sound on the bleachers. Everybody was focused on the final thirty seconds, even the people on the back row.

The defense was back, trying to build a wall so no one could get pass and score another touch down to win the game.

For the last couple of seconds, I raised my camera up to my eyes and took the first picture as soon as the clock hit zero. All the people in the stands erupted, getting on their feet, and cheering, the same thing was going on with the team on the field.

One event after another was captured by the camera. I stood there for a good two minutes, then moved on to the people besides me and just a long landscape picture of the bleachers to my left, being on the furthest right of the bleachers.

"Autumn Riles," someone growled next to me.

I lowered my camera to look at an old friend.

Her golden, blonde hair was was lying past her shoulders comfortably in waves. There was a maroon hat on her head with a fake sunflower on the brim. She looked like she stepped out of a Tumblr page. "I have not seen you since the summer into junior year," she commented.

Somebody taped on her shoulder, making her turn around and accept what ever the person was offering her. It was a cigarette.

She opened her mouth, breathed in, then took it out, blowing some smoke out of her mouth. "What have you have been doing for the passed year and a half?" she asked me, putting the cigarette in her mouth.

I took a step back, getting away from the smell. "Alice," I growled back at her, "look up the school newspaper every once in a while. My name should pop up a couple of times."

Alice rolled her eyes at me, "So you finally decided that your pictures were good enough to be published on the web? Congrats," she took the cigarette out and slow clapped, "Because we have only been telling you since we met, which was at the beginning of sophomore year, just to let you know. Why did ever walk out on us anyway?" She glanced up and down me, trying to see how much I had changed.

"My little brother would follow me to your house and hang out with me and started to have breathing problems," I explained to her. "His asthma got worse and he was in the hospital for three days." I crossed my arms over my chest, "You remember Oliver right? I was lucky that he did not tell my parents about the smoking or the drugs."

She flicked her hand in the air, dismissing my statement, "Who cares? He's better right?" She held out the cigarette that she had been smoking to me, "Want some?" I shook my head. "Come on, we used to share these all the time. And others things too, if I remember correctly."