Entanglement

Don't hate me.

Please do not forget to comment and vote.

UNEDITED

Laura was playing a card game with Oliver, letting him win every time. She was sitting on top of his hospital bed, across from him, with the card game in the middle in the middle of them.

Oliver was going to be discharged later on today, and he was waiting to get the all clear to start getting dressed for the day. He was tired of wearing the hospital robe.

"Autumn, is Evan going to visit me, again?" Oliver asked me when he beat Laura again.

Upon hearing this, Laura turned her head, her eyes widening when she heard Evan's name. "Yeah, Autumn, is Evan going to visit Oliver again?" she asked me, emphasizing Oliver's name, guessing the Evan did not actually come visit the hospital just for his sake.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Evan has not called or text me saying that he is gong to come visit, but he did come last night before visiting hours ended. You can probably see him when you get back home."

A knock on the hospital door interrupted the conversation. All three of us looked up at the threshold, there stood Nick, holding an owl in his hand and a giant card. "Hi, Oliver," he stood in the entrance, "I heard that you were here from Whales. She sent out a group text telling the newspaper staff that your brother was in the hospital. She got everyone today, during school, to sign a get well card." He stepped into the hospital room and handed Oliver the owl. "How are you doing?"

Oliver shrugged his shoulders, "Fine, waiting to go home. Do you know if Evan is going to come and visit?" Oliver held the owl to his chest, hugging it.

Nick cocked his head to the side, "Why? Has he come over here before?"

Laura nodded her head.

"Autumn, I did not know that you had become close to Evan. How has he been doing?" Nick walked over to the couch and sat down on it. "Did he win the cross country thingie?"

"Yeah, he is going to state with someone else on the cross country team, I can't remember his name," I explained to him. "I talked to Whales, and I get to go to state meet up and take pictures. You can talk to her and ask if you can be the reporter on the scene."

Laura got up from her spot on Oliver's bed, "Nick," she said his name, making him change his gaze from me to her, "you do know that Evan is Autumn's neighbor right? They have some 'special connection,'" she air quoted.

"I remember that from somewhere," Nick commented. He pointed back towards the door, "I should probably go." He stood up from the couch. "Will I see you tomorrow, Autumn?"

"Maybe, it depends al on how Oliver feels tomorrow."

Oliver groaned in bed at my response. "Stay home with me tomorrow, school is boring, sissy."

I walked over to him, and rubbed my hand over his hair, messing it up, "I will try, but I will get my make up work after school tomorrow. Okay, buddy?"

Oliver folded his hands together and looked down at them. Sadly, he said, "Okay."

* * * * *

Oliver was going to be discharged later on today, and Laura was going to watch over him while I was going to get him some pajamas to wear, because it was going to be late when he got back home.

When I walked through the front doors, the yelling filled the walls.

"How in the hell are you going to pay the hospital bills!" My mom yelled at dad.