Withering

Alice offered me another joint and I lit it up with her lighter that she that she gave me. I was laughing as I stuck the object in my mouth, breathing in the smoke and de-stressed that was given to me. She had said something apparently funny because her friends were smiling at her and I smiled too, trying to fit in with her friends. 

She walked over towards me and lifted up a piece of my straight hair. She grabbed two strands of her own hair and started to braid the three pieces together. Alice was talking as she braiding; her friends were listening to her intently, taking in each of her words that she was saying. When she was done with our hair, she bumped into me and showed me her work. She said something to me but I couldn't hear her over the sound of the music playing in the background. 

All I did was smile back at her and she smiled at me, so I apparently answered her question.

Alice turned her attention back to her friends, ignoring our braided hair. While she was explained something, I paid attention to our hair and unbraided it. When I was done, I motioned to the kitchen, silently telling her that I was going there. She nodded then went back to her friends. 

In the kitchen, the intoxicating smell of alcohol entered my nose. Before I started drinking, the smell never appealed to me, but since I had my first taste of it, it was the best smell that I have ever smelled. Both the taste and the smell was addicting. 

I found a red solo cup, the typical drinking cup while at a party, and found an alcohol bottle filling my cup with its contents. As soon as the liquid was brimming the top of the cup, I lifted it up and sipped it. This is amazing. This is heaven. 

As soon as I started the drink, it was gone in the next few seconds. As I set the drink down, I felt myself begin to sway. Alcohol and drugs do not mix. I have always known that but something keeps pulling me back in and I do both at the same time. 

"Autumn?" 

I looked up to see Jace glancing at me up and down. He had a girl attached to his hip, nibbling on his neck but he was not paying any attention to her. "Hey Jace," a piece of my hair fell in front of my face and I tucked it behind my ear. 

We stared at each other for a moment, then Jace pushed the girl off of him and she pouted her lips. He ignored her and told her to go off to hang out with her friends, "I'll come get you when I'm done talking to my friend." The girl did a once-over of my outfit then rolled her eyes at me. To prove to me that Jace's was her's (I had no interest in him), she touched his cheek that not facing her then turned his face towards her's, kissing him for a few more seconds than necessary. When they were done, she walked away from us. 

"Who's the chick?" I asked him.

Jace shrugged his shoulders, "She kind of walked up to me and we started to make out. When I wake up tomorrow, I won't remember this night, so what does it matter?" 

"Um, STD's?" I told him. "Not everyone in here is sanitary."

He snorted at my response. "Still haven't had your first kiss yet, Autumn?" I shook my head. "Good. You don't need to have it in a place like this. Or with someone that hangs out with people like this."

Before I started to drink, Alice always told me that there were two types of people when it came to alcohol. First, the ones who drink and drink and make the most idiotic decisions and say the most idiotic things of their life . The second, the ones who become the most philosophical people in the world and tell the truths that they believe, which turn out to be something that the person that they are talking to needs to hear. Sometimes, there was a mix between the two, but finding that second one is to find.