Sneaking

UNEDITED

When I woke up the next morning, my back was pressed against the floor of the bedroom. I had a green pillow resting under my head and another green blanket on top of my body, keeping me warm.

I glanced up from my place on the floor, to the bed next to me. He was sleeping on his stomach, his right arm hanging off the bed, his hand barely scraping the floor. His face was looking towards the other side of the room. His dark hair was actually slept in this time, making it messy and sticking up all over the place.

I do not remember the rest of the night after we danced. The last thing that I remember is laughing at Evan tripping over his own feet.

Sighing, I sat up and stretched my arms above my head, waking my body up.

It took me a few moments to get use to the light that was coming through the window. I covered my eyes, allowing them to adjust to the sun. The window was still opened from when I came through last night; Evan and I never closed it.

"Good morning," Evan's morning voice told me.

I smiled at him , grabbing the blanket off of the floor and started to fold it. "What did we do last night after we danced?" I asked him. "I think I blacked out."

He chuckled at my response. "You kind of did," he sat up and swung his legs over the bed and placed his feet on the floor. "I went to the bathroom and when I came back out, you were fast asleep on the floor. I am not strong enough you lift you onto the bed, so I got you a pillow and a blanket. It was late last night, and it was not even last night, it was way early morning."

Once the blanket was folded perfectly, I handed him it and the pillow, "Thank you for trying to make my over night visit comfortable." I closed my eyes, shaking my head, trying to rid the thought out of my mind. Keeping my eyes closed, I said, "You know what I meant."

"I know," he whispered next to me, making me open my eyes. His hazel eyes were looking directly into mine. "Thank you, for last night," he whispered, drifting past me.

"What for?" I asked him, turning around, watching him walk into the bathroom.

He shrugged his shoulders. "It was just to say thank you." He looked past my shoulder, and nodded towards the window. "You might want to head over to your house, school starts in thirty minutes."

I glanced at the clock, just to make sure he was right before making my way over to the window. I turned around for a moment to look at Evan but he had already closed the door to the bathroom.

I quickly made my way over the ledge and stepped on foot onto the limbs of the oak tree. Carefully, I made my way over to my window and stepped into it.

Not bothering to take a shower, I found a pair of skinny jeans and a sweater, putting it on. I brushed my hair but it up in a bun, not caring what I looked like. It was going to be a lazy day today. Right after I was dressed, dad knocked on my door.

"Autumn, your little high school friend is here, wanting a ride to school," he said through the door.

I opened the door, "Didn't she drive herself here?"

"Why don't you ask her yourself?" he said, walking away to reveal Laura hiding behind him.

Her black hair bounced up as she run into my bedroom and wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me. "I thought you were Clumsy Chloe. How did you not fall?"

I moved out of her hug, "What do you mean?"

She crossed her arms over her chest. "While I was driving up here, I watched you come out of the window and walked across the limbs of that oak tree in your background before you dashed into your bedroom. Isn't that the cross country boy next door?" Laura walked over to the window that sneaked in and out of last night. "It is. You sly dog."