Unconsolable

Do not forget to comment and vote

UNEDITED

The next evening, I waited until the sun set before I went over to Evan's house. Evan left the window open for me to crawl through. I locked the door behind me and went out through my window and slowly walked across the oak tree limbs and made my way through the his window.

"Where are you, Evan?" I asked the room, walking around it and set myself down on the bed. No reply came from the room and I only had been in Evan's room, no where else at night, so I did not want to walk around Evan's house. "Evan?" I got up from the bed and moved to the door.

I opened the door and stuck my head out, and called out Evan's name again. Once again, no noise came from the house. I opened the door further and looked around the hallway. At the end of the hallway was a note. I walked slowly to the end of the hallway and read the note. I was invited to Alice's house tonight. You can come too if you want.

"Evan," I sighed underneath my breath. "What are you doing?" I took the note off of the wall and crumbled it up in my hands while I walked back to Evan's bedroom. I tossed the note into the trash can and climbed my way onto the tree limb. Once I reached the trunk of the tree, I dropped down onto the ground.

I started to head towards Alice's house, and started to hope that Evan had not gotten into anything bad this early in the evening. I picked up my pace and hurried down the street, trying to get to Alice's house quickly.

When I entered the house, I looked around, trying to locate Evan. I walked into the living room and found Alice sitting in the rocking chair, playing Red Hand, slapping the person's hands that rested upon hers.

Alice saw me enter the room and immediately turned away from her friend and waved me over to her.

"What are you doing here?" she asked me once I got close enough. "I know that you do not do any of-" she gestured around her house, "this, so why are you here?"

"One of my friends said that they were going to be here, but I do not see him around anywhere," I explained to her. "Have you seen Evan around your house?"

She raised any eyebrow, "Evan Hoax? The cross country player?" I nodded. "I saw him walk up a couple of minutes ago, but I do not where he went. How do you know him? Besides the fact that you took pictures of him while he was running at the meet."

"We are neighbors."

"Strange, I do not see him and you talking around school. Do you just talk at night?" She started to wiggle her eyebrows.

I shook my head, "No, Alice. I already have Laura on my back, I do not need you too. We are just friends. And I suddenly have a sense of deja vu."

"Have you said that line a lot to different people?" I nodded. "Well see, other people think that something more is going on." She turned the topic back on Evan. "I would check upstairs, because I think that a bunch of nerdy people are playing board games in my parents bedroom. They paid me to play here because a lot of people would be here and a guess that drunk and high people like to play board games. I heard that it is quite amusing to watch incompetent people play a game."

I laughed at her comment, "Thank you for your help, Alice."

I left her alone and made my way up the stairs to Alice's parents' bedroom. The door was ajar, letting me see the inside of the bedroom.

There were a group of boys and girls around a table. A boy and the dice in his hand and rolled them onto the game board. The boy moved his piece the number of spaces the dice provided him and landed on Park Place.