Chapter 3

I woke up to a sudden knock on the door. I groaned. "What?"

The man behind the door stammered. "Good morning. Sorry for bothering you Miss Copeland but a package has been delivered just for you." It was Alex, one of my fathers newest guard. Guards were patrolling the areas constantly, which bothered me. But, we needed the protection as we have had people attempt robberies over the past few years. My mansion was the second biggest house in America. Christian Braxtons obviously being the first. My cheeks heated up as I remembered his name, but I quickly shrugged off the thought.

"I'm coming, thanks Alex."

As I heard footsteps fading away, I immediately shot up out of bed and opened the golden doors. On the floor was a large black bag which was sealed with a red ribbon. I raised my eyebrow curiously and picked it up.

"Braxton Enterprises." I read as I took the ribbon off and placed the neatly folded clothes on my bed. The grey singlet and the creamy sweater that has been stained with huge amounts of coffee has now been clean and ironed. To be quite honest, it looked better then it did before.

I smiled at the thought of Christian washing the clothes. But I soon realised that he probably had staff or people to do that for him. I hate to admit it but I've never washed a single piece of clothing in my life. Yes, I'm rich but I'm not snobby unless it's strictly business.

Under the clothes at the bottom of the bag there was a note, I frowned slightly as I picked it up. My face instantly brightened as I read the note softly to myself. "Nicole. Hope you enjoy your freshly cleaned clothes. - Christian."

I groaned as I realised he was the enemy and somehow in my mind, he still is. I scrunched up the note and threw the bag and the scraps of paper in the bin. I placed my soft, beautifully folded clothes into my closet.

I walked into my enormous bathroom which had a crystal chandelier hanging from the middle of the room, making everything sparkle. I took a shower, brushed my teeth, blow dried and curled my long brown hair before entering my closet. I picked out black trousers and a plain white Chanel shirt which I wore a black coloured cardigan over. I took out my white pumps and slipped them on my perfectly manicured feet. I applied a full face of makeup, not that I needed it.. But it was incredibly important to maintain my appearance.

I ran down the numerous flights of stairs to floor 2 which was the "main" floor. Floor 1 was filled with our cars, different sizes and models. Floor 3 was our offices, filled with different types of technology and business-like features. Floor 4 were our bedrooms and guest bedrooms which also had a gym, cinema and game room. Floor 5 was my favourite as it had a enclosed roof top pool, spa and bar. The bar was accompanied by a bartender every weekend as we usually had parties. I hated parties, a lot.

"Good morning Father and Mother." I greeted them with a kiss on the cheek each before sitting gently at the dining table waiting for breakfast to be served.

"Good morning darling. Busy day at the office today?" My stunning mother asked.

I nodded politely, "Yes incredibly." I sighed.

"Tonight we're all attending a party so be ready by 7pm sharp." My father informed.

I internally groaned. I hated parties. "Sure thing." I smiled.

"That's my girl." My father said cheerfully. After a couple moments of silence, breakfast was served. There were various plates filled with delicacies from all over the world, eggs, bacon, freshly baked bread and 2 massive jugs of orange juice.

I demolished my plate before excusing myself from the table to go to work. Before leaving my mansion, I took my Jimmy Choo bag and my folders and farewelled my parents.

I had a driver which was Sam, but to and from work I decided to drive myself. I teleported to Floor 1 using the elevator. I smiled before observing our cars, I decided to go with the Nissan GTR. It was my ultimate favourite. I knew a thing or two about cars from my father who taught me basically everything when I was younger.

I turned on the ignition and the GTR roared with life. The garage gates automatically opened as I near towards the golden pieces of metal which are designed to keep robbers out and our cars safely in.

---

Walking into my office, I took out my MacBook Air and placed it on my brown office desk. "Nicole speaking." I said into the phone which hadn't stopped ringing for the past 2 hours according to my assistant, Elena.

For another three hours, I had been constantly answering phone calls, running to meetings and fixing other people's problems. I sighed and let out a incredibly deep breath as I took off my pumps and changed into my black, plain but stylish flats.

"I'm leaving now Elena." I said as I walked past the reception desk before getting into my car and driving home.

I put on some Trey Songs and sang along, throwing my hands in the air. I was thankful that my windows were tinted extra black otherwise I would've made it on Page 1.

It was a short drive from my office to my mansion which always ended up in me getting a cup of coffee from the nearest café. I had an unhealthy obsession with caffeine.

---

"Miss Copeland, it's 5:30. Your mother suggested to get ready for tonight's formal party." Alessandro spoke through the door of my room.

I groaned quietly. "Thank you Alessandro." I got up of my king bed that was decorated with white and gold pillows. I also had a unhealthy obsession with white and gold. The long chandelier hanging from my room was white and gold. The doors in my room were white and gold. Damn, even my bathtub taps were white and gold.

I took a seat at the dressing table and observed my features. The constant stress and pressure of the business was piling on to me. I had lost 5 kilos and it was visible when I took my makeup off. Makeup did wonders for me which I was forever grateful for.

I picked up my wavy hair into a messy ponytail away from my face so I could start with my makeup. I applied foundation, concealer and powder perfectly. I had perfected my dark black smokey eye which made my light green eyes pop out. I contoured my cheekbones, jaw, nose and the temples of my forehead to define my face even more.

I searched through the perfectly organised drawers for my hairspray to give my already curled hair some more volume.

After perfecting my appearance, I went into my large closet. My father had always told me that in the business world, appearance is very important which is why I'm constantly perfecting how I look. My parents have had high expectations from me ever since I left the womb. When I was younger, most nights I would cry to sleep or not sleep at all. When I was 14, I didn't sleep for 3 days straight because I had a quiz for biology.

I decided to wear a high waisted right black skirt with a loose white top that I tucked into the skirt. I slipped on my red Marco Gianni stiletto heels which matched the red lipstick I applied on my plump lip.

I checked the time and it was 6:58. I smirked, right on time. I grabbed my red clutch and made my way to Floor 2 to meet my parents.

---