Chapter 10

“Fuck.” Christian sighed as he laid next to me breathlessly on his king sized bed. I looked up to see a thin layer of sweat covering his forehead. I smiled as I huddled in closer to his bare chest and wrapped the fluffy blanket over body. His body warmth relaxed me instantly. 

“Let’s go get some food, hey?” He smiled as he carried me bridal-style down to the kitchen. I squealed and tightened my grip around his neck as he ran down the stairs. He set me down on one of the kitchen stools as he strolled to the fridge and took out chicken and various vegetables which he placed on the marble counter. 

“Do you need help?” I asked innocently. He shook his head as he skillfully chopped up the mushrooms on a wooden chopping board.

“I’m surprised that you can cook. Don’t you have people for that?” I smirked.

Christian chuckled before nodding. “It might be hard to believe but, I prefer doing most things myself.” 

“Wow.” I smiled as I continued to watch him. He was clearly an independent man which I loved. I ran my fingers through my “just-fucked” hair and placed it in a low bun. After he finished with the delicious smelling meal, we sat at the dining table which was imported from Italy. 

“You said, I’m yours? What does that mean exactly?” I asked him as I stabbed a piece of mushroom and chicken before popping it slowly into my mouth as I batted my eyelashes. 

He looked up at me with darkened eyes. “I mean what I say, you’re mine. And mine only.” 

I looked up at him. “Double standards, Mt Braxton.” I snapped quietly referring to his little fuck buddy known as Kimberley. If I was known as “his” then he should be known as “mine”. He nodded as he smirked and placed a piece of chicken into his mouth. I observed our surroundings, his house was amazing. It was a tad bigger then my mansion which somehow didn’t bother me anymore. 

“As a present, I got you and your parents flight tickets to Sydney for 4 days.” He smiled cheerfully as he placed his fork onto his plate before getting up and walking into his office. What? I scoffed before following him. 

“Thank you but I’m sure I can afford it. I don’t need them.” I said, giving him a false smile. 

He cups my face into his hands. “Too late. I told your parents and they’re happy.” He smiled and paused. “Oh, and I’ll be right by your side, don’t worry Miss Copeland. I couldn’t go more then 2 days without seeing your pretty little face.” He chuckles before cleaning up the dinner that we had rapidly finished. Was I happy that he was travelling with me? Did he mean it when he said he couldn’t go more then 2 days without seeing me? I doubt it. I chuckled before shrugging off the thought.

“My parents would like to meet you. They’re inviting you and your parents over for dinner tomorrow night at their house.” He smiled before wiping the table down with a damp cloth. 

“Sounds exciting.” I say sarcastically. He laughs before rolling his eyes. “It’s getting late Christian. I should get home.” I say before taking out my iPhone 6+ and attempted to text Sam. 

“No, I’ll get Noah to take you home.” He said as he grabs his phone to send Noah a quick text. 

I nod as I clumsily slumped in the comfortable dining chair. Within minutes, A knock on the door was heard. Noah greeted me with a quick kiss on the cheek before we farewelled Christian and got into Noah’s Audi R8. I smiled as he kindly opened my door. It was a 40 minute drive from Christians house back to mine so I took the opportunity to know Noah a little bit better. 

But before I could speak up, Noah snapped his head in my direction and spoke up. “So, you and Christian, hey?” He smirked before facing the road again. 

I chuckled while shaking my head. “It’s too early to tell.” I simply said. He nodded before turning up the radio. Well, there goes my chances of becoming friends with him. But, I quickly shrugged off that thought as he spoke up again. 

“Are you an only child?” He smiles. I nod my head, “Well, now I am.” I smile as I forced down the tears that were threatening to escape as the memories flooded back into my mind. 

“What do you mean?” He asked, worry clear in his soft voice. 

Should I tell him? I thought. I shrugged before speaking up. “I had a brother, he passed away.” I sighed, hoping that he wouldn’t press the subject any further. 

“How?” 

“Car accident. His car ran off the bridge and into the water 2 years ago.” I whispered. I hated talking about my brother, but I needed to get past it although, I missed him so much. 

He nodded, taking the hint that he should stop asking so many questions. I snapped my head to the other direction and laid my head against the cold window. Many streetlights and buildings zoomed past us. I opened the window a little bit to allow the cool breeze in. Noah enjoyed it quite a bit. 

--- 

“Thank you Noah.” I smiled before racing into my house. Thankfully, my parents were fast asleep. I swiftly walked into my room and placed my bag on my dressing table. 

I took off my black pumps before walking barefoot into the bathroom to take off my makeup. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked decent enough, I shrugged before wiping off the makeup that I had on my face. 

“Nicole?” A voice asked through the golden doors. I furrowed my eyebrows before walking out of the bathroom in nothing but a white robe. 

“Mother?” I asked as I unlocked the door. She smiled before helping herself into my room as I followed her and sat on the bed. 

“I feel like I haven’t seen you in days, darling.” She whispered as her eyes saddened. 

Oh, mom. “Sorry mother, I’ve been busy.” I said. My subconscious sneered. Yeah, busy with Christian Braxton. I giggled quietly at the thought before turning back to my mother with a serious face.

“Oh, the Braxton’s have invited us over to their house tomorrow night for dinner.” I smiled as my mother slowly walked out of my room. She nodded before blowing me a kiss and mouthing a ‘good night’ as she turned the corner into her room. 

Should I be excited for tomorrow night? I mean, come on! I was meeting THE Braxton parents. 

---

A/N: This chapters incredibly boring but things are about to heat up! Keep reading guys! Love you all Xx