Chapter 15

"Mr Braxton, Miss Copeland. Your table is this way." A young woman smiled as she lead us to a table in the middle.

Christian frowned before speaking up. "Could we have a table a little less private?" He said politely with authority and power in his voice. The young woman's eyes instantly widened.

"Yes! Of course, I apologise." She says confidently as she lead us to a more private table in the back.

I thanked her quietly before taking a seat. Many thoughts ran through my head as I was pretending to read the menu. Who was that lady in the photo? It wasn't his mother that I had met a few nights ago, she looked completely different. I frowned as I looked up to see that Christian was in a tense position. His shoulders were hunched and his head was slightly down, but he was staring at me with a darkened gaze in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I whispered. His head slowly raised. "Nothing Nicole." Christian smiled weakly.

I nodded my head, but I knew I could only take so much before I force the answer from his mouth. Who was the lady in the photo?

The waitress had come back and I realised I hadn't read the menu at all so I picked the first thing I saw.

"Is that all for tonight?" The woman spoke, only gazing at Christian. Her flirty eyes made it obvious that she wanted him. I scoffed before Christian spoke up. "Babe, do you need anything else?" He smirked at me while biting his lip, not bothering to even glance at the waitress.

I peeked at the woman who's eyes widened instantly. I smiled sweetly, "No, thank you."

As soon as she scurried away, I bursted into laughter as Christian joined in.

---

"Tonight was great, thank you." I whispered as we arrived back at Christians holiday house. He nodded as he opened the front door for me. I slid past him and walked straight into my room. I groaned as I took off my coat. I was clearly annoyed at his sudden mood swings he was having tonight.

"She was my mother." Christian whispered. I gasped as I turned around instantly. "You scared me." I sighed before taking a seat on the bed.

"She was my mother. The lady in the photo." He repeated as he slowly walked over to where I was sitting.

His mother? But Carol didn't look anything like the lady in the photo. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"My real mother." He whispered as he leaned against the wall across from me. I sighed as it was so obvious. She had the same facial features to Christian.

"What happened to her?" I asked, slightly afraid to find out.

"She left. She has other kids now." He shrugged casually. I could tell that it was hurting him so I just nodded. I didn't know what to say. So Greg had obviously married Carol after Christians real mother left him. I could tell that Greg was happy with Carol, I wasn't sure if Christian was.

"Goodnight, babe." He smiled before opening the door to leave.

I stood up instantly. "Wait." I shouted.

"Stay with me?" I asked in a quiet voice. He snapped his head back in my direction and stared at me. After a few seconds, he nodded his head and took off his jacket.

I changed into an over-sized t-shirt before laying in the bed with Christians arms wrapped around my half naked body.

"I'm sorry." He apologised.

I smiled slightly before huddling closer into his warm bare chest.

---

"Wake up Nicole!" My mother yelled.

"What the hells going on?" I groaned.

"Our house has been robbed, we're going home now. Let's go." My mother said urgently.

I immediately sat up and observed the room. It was empty, all my clothes and makeup were packed and into my black suitcase that I had brought with me.

I wrapped a robe around my body and went downstairs, Christian was on the phone, looking as gorgeous as ever with his grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt and my father was stressing out with another phone call.

"Let's go, our flight leaves in an hour." My father announced urgently as Robbie grabbed our suitcases and placed them in the limo swiftly.

---

"This place is a mess." I gasped as I walked into my room. My mirror was shattered and my bed was torn apart, with a white note laying in the middle. I raised my eyebrow curiously and opened it.

"You'll pay Nicole" The note read. My eyes widened as I realised that the break-in was my fault. What have I done? I scrunched up the note and ran downstairs. The lounge room was fine, so was my parents room and the other guests rooms. The garage was fine, except my GTR was damaged. Eggs were smashed against the windows and paint was splattered across the seats.

Plates and glasses were shattered in the kitchen. "Who was guarding the house when we left?" My father roared.

"I was, sir." A voice spoke. I snapped my head angrily in his direction but I soon calmed down as I realised it was Alessandro.

"Do you have any idea who it was?" My mother spoke up.

He shook his head, "No. The intruder knew the knock rhythm and had planned the attack very carefully. Most of the guards were passed out due to the gas that she had planted throughout the air-vents. I had realised what was happening so I placed a tissue over my nose and mouth but before I could find her, she left. The intruder was a girl, Ma'am." Alessandro spoke as his hands fidgeted nervously in his pockets.

A girl? I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"There's a new bedroom set arriving tonight, Nicole." My father announced as he walked upstairs to his office.

I nodded and walked back into my room to unpack my things. Christian followed instantly.

"What does the note say, Nicole?" Christian asked in a serious tone.

My head shot up in his direction. "What?"

"The note in your pocket, what does it say?" He asked.

I sighed, knowing that he won't let this go. "You'll pay Nicole." I read as I tore up the scrunched up piece of paper.

He nodded as his eyes darkened and his jaw tensed. "Pack your things, you'll be staying with me."

My head shot up again, "What? No."

"I already spoke with your father and he thinks it's a great idea. Pack your things. I'm not taking "no" for an answer." He said in a worried but confident tone as he handed me the half empty suitcase.

I nodded as I replaced the clothes that I had unpacked, plus a few others necessities. "When are we leaving?" I whispered.

"In an hour, let's go eat something first." He smiled as he grabbed my hand and led me downstairs.

"You'll be returning to your house once this whole situation is resolved. I can't risk your safety." He whispered as he swiftly made 2 delicious plates of red pasta with wine.

I nodded my head in agreement, although I didn't need a babysitter, I was perfectly capable of taking care of myself. My mind wandered how living with Christian would work out.. I had a good feeling.