Chapter 12

“Miss Copeland.” Alessandro knocked on the golden doors to my room. I groaned and checked the time on my bedside clock. “10:12am”

“Yes?” 

“Your parents left for Italy today morning and will be back home tonight, Ma’am.” Alessandro said before walking away. 

I attempted to get out of my bed but a heavy arm was holding me around the waist. Christian. I chuckled as I grabbed the cold glass of water on my bedside table and slowly let it drip on Christians muscular chest and stomach. He immediately tensed, allowing his abs and ribs to show.

His eyes instantly opened and snapped in my direction. “Nicole.” He whispered in a dangerous voice. Oh shit. He’s angry. I attempt to slowly slide off the bed but I was pushed off with Christians muscular leg. 

I fell on my stomach on the hard carpeted floor. Ouch. I groaned. As I attempted to get up, I felt a cold liquid run down my shirt and down my silk shorts as he laughed. I squealed as I lunged towards him but he was too fast. Christian pinned me on the bed before throwing me over his shoulder and walking into the bathroom. 

He sat me on the closed toilet lid as he washed his face and his teeth. I constantly complained as he was taking way too much time washing his face. I mean, come on! Who takes literally 10 minutes just to wash their face? Clearly Christian. 

After I changed into a light cream colored short dress, I ran downstairs to see Christian making breakfast. I smirked before making coffee for both of us in 2 coffee mugs. 

---

As we walked side by side into Braxton Enterprises, the gasps and quiet chattering behind us hasn’t quietened. I shook my head slowly as we entered his office. 

“I’ve got work to do, but I wanted to thank you for bringing me to your office, Christian. Even though I miss my old office.” I pouted as I slowly walked into my office. Before I could close the door, Christian spoke up. 

“Actually, you have Lena to thank. She wouldn’t stop nagging me until I agreed to the whole agreement. I knew that agreeing to this would mean you would’ve had to leave your office which would have sucked. She had already spoke to your father and arranged a meeting between the two of us which was when we realised that it was a great idea since our companies are working on projects together. But, I have a meeting to get to. I’ll be back in 2 hours, baby. I’ll see you then.” He smiled as he quickly walked to where I was standing and placed a lingering kiss on my forehead before exiting the conjoined offices. 

What? Lena? Why would she want to bring me to Braxton Enterprises? Hm, weird. 

I shrugged off the thought before filling out numerous pieces of paperwork and taking in clients appointments. 

“Miss Copeland.” A familiar voice announced loudly as he walked into my office. I jumped, clearly startled at the outburst. 

“Ah! Alexandro!” I squealed before running and attacking him with a massive hug. He laughed as he grabbed my thighs that I wrapped around his waist.