Chapter 20

His head shot up from the ground and his eyes pierced through mine, as if he was attempting to figure out if this was a joke. "Alexandro?"

I nodded my head as tears pricked his eyes. My eyebrows furrowed as I realised that he was his close friend too. When Ashton and I were together, they would always come over together and play video games in the game room.

"Who did it?" He questioned. After a few minutes of me not replying, he chuckled sadly and shook his head.

"You think I did it? You think I killed my own close friend?!" He yelled, smashing the Chinese vase on the floor. I looked down at the floor, calming and reassuring myself and attempting to force the thought that he won't hurt me into my head.

"It's a cruel world Ashton." I whispered, teeth clenching together.

"Get out." He snapped as he smashed a old fashioned vase on the table. Tears swelled up in my eyes as I nodded and headed out the door where Sam stood outside of the car waiting for me with an incredibly worried expression on his face.

"I'm fine." I whispered as I indicated for him to take me to Lena's house.

I leaned my head against the window and let the tears flow but not before closing the inside window to give me some privacy from the very worried looking, Sam.

A small gentle nudge woke me up as I looked up and stared into Sams eyes.

"We're here, Miss." Sam whispered as he grabbed my bag and coat for me and helped me wrap it around my numb body.

"Thanks Sam. You can leave." I smiled and walked up the long driveway, dropping my head and snuggling into the comfy, large, fluffy coat.

"Ah, Nicole! Didn't expect to see you here." Lena yelled in surprise as she opened the door with widened eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows and took a deep breath in before walking into her house.

"Where have you been? I haven't seen you in so long." I whispered as I sat on the beige couch that we picked out together.

"Uh- I was overseas." She smiled after scurrying off to get 2 coffees.

After an hour long conversation with my cousin, Lena, I decided to turn on my phone.

"24 missed calls and 17 text messages." My phone read as I scrolled through the missed calls and texts. 22 were from Christian and the others were work related.

"Call me immediately. - Christian."

"I'm furious. - Christian." The text messages read on and on as I deleted them and called Sam to pick me up and take me back to my parents house to face a very angry Christian.

—-

"Nicole!" My mother squealed as I entered the doors of the horrifying house that I once lived in. I lived with Christian temporarily which terrified but excited me.

Braxton Enterprisesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें