Chapter 14

"I have a house that we can stay in." Christian smiled as he grabbed my hand and jerked his head to the black limo that Christian had stored in his garage in his holiday house. My father nodded, obviously surprised that he had a house in Spain.. But hey, we had a house in Russia, Australia and possibly every other country except India and Spain. 

As one of Christians men drove to his holiday house, my mother rambled on about what she wanted to do. Thankfully, none of them included Christian and I. 

"We're here." Christian announced as he stepped out of the car with his hand still entwined between mine. I raised my head slightly to look at the enormous house standing before me. It was gorgeous. It had dark tinted windows covering each side of the house with "Braxton" written in small cursive letters next to the black double doors. 

Christian let go of my hand to open the door and I was already feeling his absense. I rolled my eyes at myself before entering the house. My breath hitched, it was gorgeous. 7 large leather brown couches were positioned on each wall of the living room with a plasma tv situated on the other side. A modern looking mini fridge stood in the corner of the room while a fireplace burned quietly on the other side. 

"Mr and Mrs Copeland, you'll be staying on the other side of the house which is just through the white door." Christian said as he lead my parents to the other side of the house which meant that we had half of the house to ourselves. My eyes widened at the thought. 

"I'll show you around" Christian smiled before walking them through the white door that led to the other side of the house. I chuckled and observed my surroundings again. My eyes widened at the small black frames that were situated on the mantel of the fireplace. My feet softly padded against the white tiles as I made my way to observe the photos closely. 

I picked up the first photo was an old photo of Christian and a woman who was much older then him. I assumed Christian was 6 years young. She had similar facial features to him. Could it be his sister? Grandma? My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I wiped the dust off the black frame.  

"Nicole." Christian whispered coldly. I gasped out of shock and placed the photo back where it belonged. "Sorry." I apologised before slowly making my way to him. 

He nodded, his facial expression still so incredibly cold towards me. Was it due to the fact that I had touched the photo? I didn't know. 

"What's wrong?" I asked curiously. 

He shook his head. "We're having dinner tonight. So, I suggest you get ready. Your bags are all situated upstairs, 1st room on the left." He immediately changed the subject without answering my question. I frowned at his actions but shook the negative thought from my head as I walked slowly up the stairs. 

I turned the knob on the door of the 1st room on the left and nodded my head in surprise. The room was decorated with olden day styled furnishings. There was a gorgeous brown antique bed which was matched with a brown antique dressing table. It was different from what I was used to but I liked it. 

I opened the closet to see my clothes folded neatly on the white shelves with my shoes positioned neatly on the floor. I grabbed my black tight jeans and a tight white turtlenecked top  which I paired with my creamy pumps. Taking a seat on the stool under the dressing table, I perfected my black smokey eye and my face makeup before running my hand through my wavy hair and grabbing my clutch. I looked outside the window and realised it was lightly raining. I frowned before grabbing my long black coat and walking downstairs. 

Christian was standing near the fireplace with his back to me. I walked over quietly to him as I realised that he was looking down at the photo I had picked up earlier. 

"Who was she?" I whispered as I shoved my hands slowly into the pockets of my warm coat. 

"No one important. Let's go." He said as he placed the photo on the mantel upside down. I furrowed my eyebrows at his action but nodded. He grabbed my hand and we walked outside to be greeted by one of Christians men that I recognised from back home. 

"Ma'am. Mr. Braxton." He smiled before opening the car door for us. I smiled back before letting out a deep breath, "That's Robbie. He's one of my best men. I trust him with my life." Christian smiled as he gazed at Robbie. 

"Do you trust people often?" I asked. My eyes widened as I realised what I had asked. Oh no. 

His eyes darkened and his jaw tensed. "No, Nicole. I don't." He said as he gazed out the window. 

"Do you trust me?" I whispered so softly I was surprised he could hear me. 

He nodded his head with a confused look in his eyes. "Why would you ask that?" He whispered as I shrugged. I didn't know. 

---

A/N: HI GUYS! This is just the beginning of the drama that is about to occur! AHHHH whos excited? ME! Thank you for all your support. Love you all! Xxx