Chapter 7

"Nicole. Time to wake up darling." My housekeeper, Alice said. Alice was also an old family friend which is why she doesn't act formal around me or my family. She was a 40 year old woman with gorgeous short black hair and black eyes. She had a powerful personality which was great and extremely helpful due to the fact that most of the guards were completely frightened of her. i giggled at the thought before throwing a pillow over my face.

I turned over in my king bed to find the clock reading "6:30." I groaned, it was way too early. I usually woke up at 9 and would be in my old office at 10. I texted Sam to get the car ready before 7:30 due to the fact that it was too early for me to drive. I would most likely cause an accident in the early morning. I hated mornings. No, hate was an understatement. I despised them.

I padded my feet against the freshly cleaned black carpet into the bathroom where my bare feet were greeted by cold black tiles. I stripped my clothes off and placed them on one of the silver racks. "Heat floor" was my favorite button which was positioned next to the light switch. It heated up the tiles due to the fact that when winter was here, the tiles would basically feel like I was walking on ice but when the floor was heated, it was incredibly soothing.

I winced as my skin touched the cold water as I stepped foot into the massive shower. I scrubbed my body with coconut body wash. I sighed as I stood in the middle of the white tiled shower. The hard pressured water eased the knots in my back.

I sighed before I quickly brushed my teeth and moisturised my pimple-free skin. I ran into my closet with the towel securely wrapped around my naked body. I picked out a red loose top which I tucked under my tight pencil skirt which showed off my curves. I wore red bottom black Marco Gianni stilettos. I curled my freshly blow dried hair to perfection and perfected the makeup that was now situated on my face.

I checked the time, it was currently 7:18am which left me enough time to grab a decent breakfast. I ran down the flights of the stairs and made my way into the kitchen where our chef, Vicky was cooking up my favorite. Eggs, bacon, pancakes and english muffins with an flat white coffee. My mouth drooled as I inhaled the scent of the food being prepared.

I greeted her with a quick kiss on the cheek before taking a seat on the kitchen stool. After demolishing the incredibly delicious breakfast that Vicky made me, I walked swiftly outside to be greeted by Sam and the black luxury car. "Good Morning Miss Copeland." He smiled as he opened the car door and helped me in.

"Good Morning Sam. I need a lift to Braxton Enterprises please." I sighed but attempted to smile but failed miserably. After 20 minutes, we reached Braxton Enterprises. Sam quickly ran to my side to open the door. Christian's men were waiting for me at the revolving doors that lead to my new office. I groaned at the thought.

"Good Morning Miss Copeland. Mr Braxton is currently waiting for you." They greeted as they lead me to the office that I had been to last week. I greeted them with a simple nod and a faint smile.

As I stood in the elevator, I told them that they may leave. I could handle it from here. I wasn't a child. Dear God, I basically ran my own office. I shook my head before walking into level 4. I smiled at the receptionist before going into Christian's office without knocking. I needed to get this day over and done with.

I realised that I shouldn't have done that due to the fact that he basically had a girl straddling him. I gasped before immediately shutting my eyes. The girl immediately stood up and fixed her incredibly short skirt.

"Nicole." Christians voice lowered as he fixed his dark navy suit. I stared at the shivering girl who was now gathering her bag before quickly scurrying out of his office. I looked back to him and he had an angry look in his light eyes.