Christmas loss

As Rebekah began to flutter her eyes open, she felt the butterflies in her stomach soar , as she saw the man next to her. Leo Salvatore.

REBEKAHS POV
WOW. Just wow. I never thought that I'd have this moment, being able to wake up next to the man Ive loved for over a century. The man that would always take my breath away...
I find myself gazing at his angelic face as he slept so peacefully... I wish I could have this forever...
But no. I chose my human life... I chose to have a family... I can't keep pulling Leo along, knowing one day... one day it will be too late for me to have my family , too late to let Leo go...

"Good morning" I hear him mumble with his eyes still closed

I watch Leo slowly open his eyes, them big blue orbs greeting mine... "Merry Christmas, Leo"

Leaning his head closer to mine, our lips connected like magnets , in a sweet kiss... how in the hell am I going to let this man go?

When we pulled our lips apart, I tried my best to hide the sadness and guilt I was feeling... not today. I can't tell him today.

"Rebekah?" His eyes flashed with concern , "you're upset, what's wrong?"

Do I tell him the real reason why my heart is shattering piece by piece? "I erm, I just can't believe we're where we are... me and you... finally ..." I couldn't even get my words out, I knew I wasn't telling him the full truth, but at least it was part of the truth...

"I know, baby" Leo pulled my body as close as it could possibly be next to his... "I'm happy... with you..." He sighed as his thumb brushed over the skin of my cheek , "Rebekah... I know you too well, I know when you're hiding something from me...what's bothering you?"

Great. He's right. He does know me too well, "I... I know that..." My words kept being cut short... how can I possibly do this? He loves me... I love him...

"Babe, please... I promise you I'm always going to be here, just tell me what's on your mind..." His strong arms squeezed me reassuringly... in his arms I felt safe. Relaxing a little more, I finally sighed...

With one big breath, "I know that one day I'll have to let you go..." The blue eyes of the man I love , instantly softened, his oceanic blue eyes began to fill with a mix of emotions, too many for me to describe...

"This... this is why you were upset last night..." He looked down, breaking our eye contact

"Leo... I... I can't let you go" My voice was shaking , but I found myself telling him the complete utter truth... I really couldn't let him go...

"Let me go when you're ready Rebekah... but...I can't let you waste your human life on me" He sighed before looking up into my eyes "I won't let you waste this life on me..."

The room fell silent, but it wasn't as awkward silence , it was a silence of peace... I had finally told him what I needed to.

"Merry Christmas, my love" I watched a small smile spread across his lips before he used his thumb to gently wipe away my fresh fallen tears...

Wishing that this could last forever, I sat myself up, still in Leo's arms , I let out a small giggle as he tickled my bare hips... "come on, it's Christmas!"

THIRD PERSON POV
"Merry Christmas , Gilbert" Damon smirked before wrapping his  arms around his girlfriends body as they stood staring at themselves in his large bathroom mirror ...

THIRD PERSON POV"Merry Christmas , Gilbert" Damon smirked before wrapping his  arms around his girlfriends body as they stood staring at themselves in his large bathroom mirror