Planning failures

Mystic Falls
"Phasmantos insindia" Bonnie murmured before the candle in front of her lit up. "I have it... my magics back!" She exclaimed.

"The work here is done" Emily spoke proudly. "Have you figured out what you are going to do?"

"There's only one thing to do, isn't there?", Bonnie sighed, her eyes filling with salty tears. "I can't do it though... he doesn't deserve this..."

"Sometimes really terrible things happen to really good people..." A voice from the entrance of the room spoke.

"Leo Salvatore." Emily smiled, "you're not alone...hello, Damon"

"Emily" The brothers smirked before walking inside the room.

"If it isn't double trouble...", Emily tutted.

"You know us..." Leo chuckled as he sat beside Bonnie, taking her delicate hand, he placed a soft kiss on the back of it. "I know this is hard... and I know that none of us want Enzo dead... but we have no other choice."

"Little brothers right", Damon sighed.

Suddenly a cold chill ran through Emily and she shuddered.
"Emily!" Bonnie rushed beside her, "you're... you're freezing" She said as she held the ice cold hand of her ancestor.

"I'm going back Bonnie... the moon has almost risen..." Emily stated, "You can do this Bonnie, we're watching over you..."

Both the Salvatore brothers moved to Emily's side, "Thank you...Emily" Leo said softly.
With them three short words, Emily had disappeared.

"Bonnie..." Damon started, "We can take care of Enzo..."

Biting her lip to hold in a sob, she turned to face her boyfriend before burying her head in his chest.
"This is for the best Bon..." Leo spoke softly. "Enzo would want this for himself too"

"I know I know" She dried her tears, "It just sucks."
—————————————————
New Orleans
"Niklaus..." Elijah said as he appeared next to his brother, "I am taking Hope and Hayley, and we're leaving..."

The hybrid turned to face his elder brother, "you're leaving? At the time Mikael 'the destroyer' has risen from the dead and is after me!"

"I'm making sure that Hayley and your daughter will be safe!" Elijah's tone turned stern, "Niklaus, I have fought by your side for centuries upon end... I still am. But I refuse to let Hope snd Hayley be in the hand of danger..."

Klaus bit his tongue, looking down towards the floor, "I can't face him without you, Elijah..."

The elder Mikaelson moved towards his brother and embraced him into a hug, "you will be strong, you've defeated him more times than he has ever defeated you. Fight brother. Be brave. Be strong"

"What a sad scene" A familiar voice echoed.

"Mikael" Klaus' eyed widened.

"Boy" 'The destroyer' spat. "Leave Elijah. This is between me and the bastard that you call a 'brother'"

Elijah stepped in front of the hybrid, "you will not touch him"

"You dare to face me?" Mikael raised his voice, "I will not hesitate to kill both of the betrayers that stand before me!"

"I've killed you before." Klaus reminded him, "You just will never give up!"