Hearts will remember

"You... you mean to tell me Klaus, the person who apparently took me in... killed his sister and the woman I loved... just for revenge." Leo pieced together, "This... all of this... is why I turned my humanity off?"

"You turned it off the same night she died, we begged for you not to, that we would help you get through this... but nothing was going to convince you that night." Stefan started, "You loved Rebekah so much, and we know how much she loved you too... you wanted the best for her, so she could spend her human life happy... with a family...but she still chose to spend her days with you."

"Did... did I kill her?" Leos voice shook, "was I the cause?"

"No... God no!" Elena shook her head, taking a seat next to the youngest Salvatore and placing a comforting hand on his shoulder, "You heard something, you were just making sure she was safe... but Klaus... he..."

Leo paused for a moment, "Then how did I fall in love with Bonnie?"

Bonnie widened her eyes, all she wanted was for him to remember.

"I'm sure you and Bonnie can speak about that alone..." Stefan answered.

Everyones attention turned when there was suddenly a knock at the door. "Who the hell could that be?"
Damon groaned.

"Miss me?"

"Katherine." Leos eyes widened, his heart fell and his stomach turned. "What're you doing here? Are you okay?" He sped over to the woman before all the details that he had been fed came rushing back. "You... you made me forget everything."

"Oh come on... it's not like it was a bad thing" She rolled her eyes. Leo noticed grey strands running through her hair, his glance caught them and he didn't let it go unnoticed. "I know... it's... turning a different colour... it's what happens when you start to age."

"Age?" Leo raised a brow, "I thought you're human now..."

"I'm only human with the cure in my body, I begin to age when it gets took out..." She informed him...

"Why did you take it out?" Leo asked.

"I didn't." Her eyes fell on to Caroline and Stefan. "I have about a week left..."

"Boohoo... no one cares, go away" Damon spat, last time he let Katherine get close like this, she travelled inside Elena.

"I get it..." Katherine smirked, "But I'm not going to travel into anyone's body this time... instead I'm just going to..." She made a sudden move and plunged a wooden stake into the closest person near her.

"Elena!" Damon screamed and used his vampire speed to catch his wife in his arms as she struggled to breathe, everything had happened so fast. "You're going to be okay, you're ... you're going to be fine" He repeated, biting into his wrist and moving it inside her mouth. "The cure! She's not healing because of the cure!"

"Damon..." Elena managed to say... "It's okay..."

"No! No you're not dying!" He bellowed, "Bonnie, use your magic or something!"

Stefan sped over around Katherine and restrained her, making sure that she couldn't do anything else.

"I'll call ambulance" Caroline said as she rushed towards the house phone and dialling a number.

"She won't make it" Katherine sneered. "I pushed that in real good"

"Wait..." Leo got involved, moving down to Elena's body, "Damon... you need to take the cure out of her body then I'll be able to heal her"

"What?" Damon gave a confused look, his eyes beginning to pool with tears as Elena grew even more tired in his arms.

"The only thing preventing her from healing is the cure being inside her body, drink her blood! You'll be human but it'll be okay, I'll heal her" Leo told him, "Just do it Damon..."