Goodbye, Brother.

"Damon?" Elena started. Her brown eyes open wide as her husband took a deep breath and opened his eyes.

"No..." Damon looked at her, "no.. no no no" He repeated as he stood up from the bed that he was lay on. "If... if I can see you, and you can hear me..."

"What?" She began to grow nervous. "What's wrong? You're awake! It's okay! Everything's okay now Damon" Her arms wrapped around her husband.

"Elena" He moved out of her hold. "You... you don't understand, honey"

"Damon?" Caroline and Stefan appeared at the doorway, "you're awake!"

"Damon, what the hell were you in? What happened?" Stefan started, "if you're awake... Leo must be too"

Damons heart dropped.
The mention of his little brothers name made his stomach ache and his eyes water. "Where's Bonnie?" He asked quietly.

"She's... she's with Leo" Caroline informed him, her tone was skeptical as to why Damon seemed... heartbroken.
—————————————————
"Mantus! Where the hell are you, you bastard!" Damon bellowed as they returned to the cold stone caves.

"Damon..." Leo began, "Mother... she was a vampire?"

"It's a long story..." Damon shook his head, "you won't want me to tell you, it'll change your opinion of our dearest mother."

Leo was trying to process everything that was happening around him.
How was he able to communicate with Bonnie?
Why would Mantus make them see their parents?

"You know, even in death after over a century and a half, our father still hates us more than Stefan." Damon laughed out of disbelief, "Even though Stefan was the one that killed..."

Before letting his brother finish, Leo cut him off. "Damon... I was able to make contact with Bonnie."

"You what?" Damons eyes widened in confusion, "how?"

—————————————————
"Bonnie?" Damon rushed towards Leos room.

"Damon... you're awake!" She spoke with wide green eyes before standing to her feet and hugging her dear friend, "This... this is good right? Leo will be awake soon!" Her eyes were full of hope.

Damon sighed sadly, "Bon, I need you to sit down..." He told her before taking a seat for himself, looking at his lifeless brother, lay peacefully on his back in his bed. Damons hand moved to gently touch his brothers cold hand.

"What is it Damon?" Stefan asked, his voice becoming more weary.

"We... we woke up in a cave, it was cold, damp..." Damon began, "We woke up and we were confused... but we had each other, until we found out we weren't alone."
There was a loud silence as he carried on speaking.
"We were in the waiting room of hell. Two brothers, two devils. Mantus and Lucifer. Mantus was his brothers messenger, they wanted a pair of brothers with a strong bond, unfortunately, the pair was me and Leo."