Time.

1864 FLASHBACK
DAMONS POV
"It's about time you become a man, Damon" My father spoke sternly, pouring us both a strong glass of bourbon. "You are going to fight for the confederate army... and I'm not taking 'no' for an answer"

"Father, why would I want to fight for something that doesn't interest me? For something I don't agree with?" I asked, keeping my hand on the glass and not taking a sip.

"Damon" Giuseppe started with a firm voice. "You will do as I say, I'm your father."

"You... you're not making Stefan or Leo join too are you?" I questioned wearily, that's the last thing I want. I'd hate for my brothers to join this stupid war.

"No." He answered, "You will be leaving in three days, Damon... you'll honour our families name... am I clear?"

I let out a sigh, "yes, father"

As I stood up to leave my fathers office , I saw Stefan with a tear in his eye... "you're... you're leaving?"

"Stefan..." I tried before he ran away down the halls of our home.

"He will get over it, Damon..." I heard my fathers voice as I left to go and find Stefan...

After searching for my younger brother for almost twenty minutes, I finally found him... outside in the woods. "What're you doing out here? It's cold Stefan..."

"You are leaving Damon" He spoke quietly.

"I have to Stefan." I replied, taking a seat next to him on the tree trunk that he was sat on, "Father is making me... personally Stefan, I see no point in this war... I don't want to fight for it... however if I do not join, I'm scared if you or Leo would have to instead."

"Katherine will miss you..." Stefan mentioned.

"And I will miss her..." I exhaled with a pause, "I will tell her tonight, but please... let me find the right time to tell Leo..."

"What are you two boys speaking about?" We suddenly heard and Katherine appeared, "You're looking handsome" She said, tracing her finger over my jawline , leaving me with goosebumps.

"I'm leaving to fight for the south" I informed her, placing my arm around her waist...

PRESENT
"You... dated Katherine?" Leo interrupted me...

"Not just me, brother" I smirked with a shrug, "Katherine also dated Stefan... at the same time... she compelled us to be okay with her ... basically playing us both"

"Why didn't she compel me too?" He asked.

"Remember Emily Bennett?" I started as he nodded, "Well... she made you a ring that you wore, it had vervain inside which made her unable to compel you... so it must have made her want you more..."

"Would she really do that?"

"Oh brother" I laughed as we kept driving around Mystic Falls, "Katherine would do anything for something she wants."

FLASHBACK 1864
"Stefan...will you go and find your brother, Leo..." Katherine said whilst looking into my younger brothers eyes. I watched as he automatically stood with a smile and leant in to kiss her before he left.

"Katherine... I don't like when you kiss my bro..."

My words were cut short as she began to speak, "You do not care that me and Stefan are also dating... we will go on exactly as we have been..."