Wait.

LEOS POV
"Damon! Wait!" I yell before running after my older brother, "You're cheating!"

"Brother, the rules are... the first one to the far oak tree wins." My eldest brother smirks as he pats the tree next to him.

"But why is it that you choose when we start? Why do you get to say 'go'?" I ask as I brush off the dirt on my knees.

"Because I'm your older brother, Leo" He chuckled.

"Leo! Damon! Where are you boys!?" We heard our fathers voice bellow.

"What do you think he is angry about?" I asked Damon.

"I do not have a clue, brother" He replied. My brother noticed my stiff posture before he put a hand on my shoulder, "If father is in a rage, stand behind me, okay? I won't let him hurt you, Leo"

"Your brother was always your hero, wasn't he?" Mantus appeared.

"Was that you? How... how did you do that?" I asked, confused to how the creature could see inside my memories.

"I'm the brother of the devil. Which by the way, he's growing impatient." Mantus told me as he folded his arms.

Instead of answering him, I turned my attention to the left side of the cold room , only to see Damon unconscious. Immediately I rushed to my brothers side.
"Damon!" I shook him

"He's dreaming, leave him." The phantom said before striking me with what could only be described as a lightening bolt.

"Ah" I screamed in pain before falling back into a slumber of a sleep.
————————————————-
DAMONS POV
"Hey honey" Elena smiled as she joined her husband in the living room. "How're you feeling?"

"The same as I have been for the past two months" I sighed, "It's my fault Elena. It's all my fault... Leo's dead because of me!" I grew angrier and threw my glass of bourbon at the fireplace in front of me.

"It's not your fault Damon" She wrapped her arms around me, moving my head to rest on her shoulder. "Leo wanted you to live your life..."

"I can't!" I stood up. "He's down there! And I'm up here playing happy families!" I couldn't help it as the words fell from my mouth, "Elena! I don't know what part you don't get? I wanted to be the person to die! I wanted Leo to live! Don't you get that I've lost my brother? To the freaking devil!"

"Damon..."

"I'm miserable Elena! What's the point on all of this? To grow old? To have a family? My kids won't even know their uncle!" I paced back and forth, my hands raking through my hair. "I hate it Elena! I hate him not being here!"

I woke up out of breath, my heart racing and my stomach feeling in a knot.

"You're awake..." The hooded figure began. I looked to my right to see Leo asleep on the floor, before I could move to check on him, Mantus started to speak again. "Don't bother, he's asleep the way you were."

"What is this?" I furrowed my brows, "you want to torture us? You've already tore us away from the real world and told us we have to let one of us die."

"Listen, Damon..." He chuckled in a sinister way. "There's a reason I chose you two out of all sets of brothers across the world. You hold a bond that I haven't seen in centuries. Yes, you hold a great bond with your other brother Stefan, however... even though he loves Stefan, Leo still feels the hurt of when his brother abandoned him."

"Okay you chose me and Leo over our brotherly bond, but how can we hold purpose to you? You want one of us as a ruler down here... but neither of us want to be..."