No hope

ELENA'S POV
Of course... it's typical. Me and Damon get engaged one minute and the next , Klaus is back, Rebekah is dead and Leo shuts off his humanity... great.

I'm worried. Leo with his humanity off is something that no one here has experienced, could he be worse than anyone we've ever witnessed? We just don't know. But I'm not just worried about that, I'm worried about Damon... and Stefan.

It's been two days. Two days and Leo still hasn't returned from Christmas night. After he shut off his humanity, he left... without saying another word.

"Morning" I hear from beside me, I look over to see my tired , restless eyed fiancé starting to wake up...

"Hey" I smile slightly , "feeling any better?" God Elena, of course he's feeling terrible, he just lost his brother

"Hey" I smile slightly , "feeling any better?" God Elena, of course he's feeling terrible, he just lost his brother. Again.

"It just sucks" He sat up, leaning his head on the back board, "Leo... he's just..."

"You'll see him again Damon" I tell him with reassurance in my tone, "I promise"

I heard him sigh before shaking his head, he took my hand and kissed the back of it before looking up into my eyes, them baby blues still make me catch my breath , "how about we start looking into the wedding, our wedding, it'll take our minds of..."

"Yes" My head nodding "I can't wait for it, to be Elena Salvatore" I let out a small giggle as I watch the grin spread across his face.

"Mrs Salvatore" He smirked "my wife"
————————————————
STEFANS POV
At least something good came out of Christmas night. Damon and Elena being engaged. Wow I never thought I'd be saying that... or this... but I'm happy for them... I'm happy that they're getting married. I just wish... maybe I had... oh you know what, it doesn't matter, I'm happy for them.
However, Leo... he's gone, so has his humanity, I'm scared to know what he's like without his humanity... if he is anything like me or Damon then... oh god no.
I try to brush the thoughts of my brother in his darkest place, out of my head before I find myself surprised at the sight of "Bonnie?"

"Hey... I hope you don't mind, I just really needed to speak to Elena..." The Bennett said as she closed the front door...

"She's still erm... in bed" I explain as I can still hear her and Damon...

"Oh" She cringed, "I can leave..."

"Actually Bonnie... stay" I blurt, "we haven't spoke in..."

"A while... I know, I haven't been going to school" Her voice sounds deflated

"Non of us have" I let out a small chuckle, "I'm so sorry, about Enzo"

I watch her eyes shift from a small smile to complete sadness, "it's okay..."

"I know that Leo was trying to bring him back... he tried to get Elijah to hand over Esther..."

"Where is Leo?" She cut me off, "I feel like I haven't seen him in a while..."