Epilogue: Dear name

[EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] Luna talks about her solo debut after SK5 disbandment

By Choi Lia on 21st December 2034

Four months after their disbandment, SK5's main vocalist and lead dancer Luna shared the news of her solo debut.

The 20-year-old idol rose to fame two years ago when she participated in the highly popular survival show K I-land. She ranked #2 after 7 weeks of intense competition. The top 5 contestants made their debut under the group SK5 who quickly became one of the most popular girl group of their generation.

Just like it was announced in the show, the temporary group SK5 disbanded after 22 months of activity. Luna who recently signed a contract under PNation announced the release of her first solo album on her 21st birthday the 9th January 2035.

She agreed to the statement that she made the right decision to debut as a soloist after the end of SK5 promotions.

" You made quite an impression at your first apparition on K-Iland. From the beginning, among the 25 contestants, you were one of the most popular. Everyone was pretty shocked by your confidence and charisma. Were you always this confident?"

" I am actually a very shy person. But I learned to separate the person I am on stage from the person I am backstage. My relatives and close friends are still making fun of me from what I said during the live auditions. It became a meme on the internet. I just failed an audition two days before K-Iland, therefore I was very determined to pass this one. The judges asked me why I thought I was special so I replied " I am the best because I learned from the best". "

" Was it a reference to your parents? Or maybe to your teachers? It was known you were a trainee under SM Entertainment for 2 years and almost debuted in Once Upon.  "

" Yes, my family is in the entertainment industry and I learned a lot from them. I grew up surrounded by music. I was 6 the first time I said my dream is to become a singer. I firmly believed I was born to be a singer and I took singing, dancing, and music classes until I was 18. I also learnt a lot from my training days at SM. I had the great chance to have amazing teachers. When I entered the survival show I was quite confident in my skills. Being confident in your ability doesn't mean being arrogant. My parents taught me self-love and I gained self-confidence over the years. But they also taught me to remain humble and well-grounded. My dad always jokes about not letting things get into my head. I keep their advice in my mind whatever I do. It helped me a lot during SK5 activities. "

" What was your best memory from SK5?"

" I think it was our concert at the Tokyo Dome. I still have goosebumps when I think about it. It was incredible to see 50 000 people singing along with us. Being on tour with the girls was a good memory. I was the oldest member so it was natural for me to take care of the younger ones. I was nicknamed the mom of the group. It still feels weird to not be with them all the time. We have a group chat and we see each other whenever we can. I had dinner with Gyuri and Evelyn last week. Aika is back in Japan. Haru is doing good, she is visiting her family in the US. Being in a girl group was an amazing and unforgettable experience. I made friends for life and I learned a lot working closely with the other members. We knew it was only temporary but we're still very sad it came to an end. I would like to thank the Fivers [SK5 fans] for their support during the last two years."