16. Justice

Warning: sensitive issues are discussed in the paragraph starting with ****.  It's short but you can skip if you're not comfortable with it.

  It's short but you can skip if you're not comfortable with it

14th january 2021

They were still waiting for news from the administration about Chaewol's registration to Jungkook's family book, for her new birth certificate and the official validation of the custody agreement. Legally, Chaewol was only for now Jieun's child and still not yet Jungkook's daughter, though  Yea Ji was working hard to accelerate the process. There were also the preparation for the trial that same week. Needless to say, it was a stressing period, though they maintained a smiling face in front of Chaewol who was thankfully clueless about the serious issues her family was facing.

" Do you think if we get married the legal process of child care issue will be easier? " Jungkook asked her out of blue. It was 1 am and Chaewol was sleeping soundly between them. 

" What ?" She looked at him with wide eyes. They hadn't talked about the marriage subject since the birthday party two days ago.  But she thought about it a lot, apparently Jungkook too. 

" If we get married, Chaewol also won't suffer the stigma of being a child raised out of wedlock." He added

Jieun's wasn't exactly a very romantic person but she still daydreamed once or twice about her ideal marriage proposal. This wasn't obviously how she imagined it but it didn't bother her that much.

" Are you sure it's a good idea? We just got back together, it feels rushed."

She knew Jungkook's personnality revolved about being spontaneous and pragmatic even if he was an artist by heart. He was the kind of person who solved problems based on practical judgments instead of dwelling on theories and ideals.

He took her hands in his and placed a gentle kiss on her knuckles. 

" Don't get me wrong, marriage is a big deal for me as much as I know it is for you. We love each other, we want to be together for the rest of our life, we want to raise our child in the same household, all there is left is to sign a paper that will bound us and make procedures easier."

Her heart started to beat erratically upon hearing his words and looking at his sincere expression.

" I understand what you're saying, it's been on my mind too lately but I still need time to think about this clearly. " she for sure needed time to calm down and to think

" Of course" he agreed

That night Jieun couldn't close her eyes, her mind too preoccupied. She looked at Jungkook and Chaewol's sleeping faces once again. She knew deep down she wanted to witness this sight for the rest of her life.

She thought about it all night: what was stopping her for getting married to Jungkook? She listed in her head all the pros and cons.

People will definitely be surprised by their decision. Their family already approved but her friends might scold her for going too fast in their relationship. But she had known Jungkook for almost 8 years now and she would never love a man like this again. She knew they were each other's soulmate. It was also a good thing that it will make things easier for their daughter.