CHAPTER #29

[A Two Year Passage Of Time]

The twins had just finished celebrating their wedding anniversary. Life with the Amamiya Brothers was exciting and rewarding. The love the four of them shared, was unlike that of most families. They lived together, even after marriage. Sure there were times they split up, for privacy with their own husbands and hence why they had the Amamiya house and kept the apartment too. But for the most part, the twin sisters and the two brothers preferred living together. They still had their arguments, but maturity meant that happened less frequently. Love from their men, was enough to heal everything from the past and so the sisters stopped physically fighting each other, when they had a disagreement ... well almost stopped. The twins still had a deeper connection that most siblings and that never changed.

Asuga was the first to notice her schedule was off and went to the pharmacy for a test. "My period's late two weeks, will you wait with me to see if I'm pregnant?"

"Of course.... Wait, now that I think about it... shit, I'm late too. I didn't notice, because we've been so busy with jobs lately. Don't do it yet, let me go pick up a test. We'll check each other's results."

Once Noriko returned, they peed on their respective test strips and waited anxiously. Noriko asked, "do you want to have kids?"

"I hadn't really thought about it until now... but having a little Masaki or me running around to carry on our blood, that wouldn't be so bad."

"Um, we have a very high likely-hood of having twins ourselves."

"Masaki will shit his pants if we have twins. I hope he wants children. What about you and Hiroto?"

"I told him I wanted his children, when he proposed to me. We've talked about it a few times, but if I am pregnant, it wasn't planned."

"Hiro will think it's a gift, I'm sure. He'll make a great dad too. So will Masaki."

Noriko checked her watch, "it's time. Give me yours and I'll give you mine."

They looked at the test sticks at the same time and voiced the results together. "Holy shit you're pregnant!"

The twins hugged each other and then jumped up and down laughing. Noriko suggested, "before we tell them, let's see a doctor first and confirm. Sometimes these over the counter tests are wrong. It will also give you a chance to see if Masaki wants children."

That thought sobered Asuga quickly, all laughter gone. "What will I do if he doesn't want them?"

"Don't think about the what ifs until he actually gives his opinion. You know I'm here for you no matter what your choice is."

"Right. I'll hint at it tonight."

Noriko smiled, "I'll tell a story about a father and son that I saw riding together the other day. That way you have a bridge into the conversation."

"You're the best! Okay let's get that doctor check up booked asap."

**~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ **

The doctor reported that both twins were pregnant. With the official confirmation in hand, the twins decided to tell their husbands. Masaki had said he didn't care if they had a boy or a girl. When Noriko cautioned that Asuga would give birth to twins, his smile lit up his whole face.

"But won't you hate it when the children talk in unison?" Asuga was cautious to believe him.

"Of course not. I'm use to it now."

"You're an ass," Hiroto said.

Noriko and Asuga stood up and held hands. The brothers realized then, that something was going on.

"We've got something to tell you both."

"Let me guess, you two are pregnant."

Noriko was flabbergasted, "how did you know Hiroto?"

"Wait, you are? Both of you? I'm gonna be a dad!" Masaki blurted and got up to hug his wife.

"So you're really happy about having children?" Asuga searched his eyes.

"Only because it's with you. I'm honoured," Masaki kissed her.

Hiroto had taken Noriko into his arms too. "I know everything about you. I noticed we were having sex during the week you usually don't want to. I love you so much and can't wait to find out what gender our twins will be."

"We know that until it's been at least 14 weeks."

"All boys, all girls or one of each, is fine with me. The Amamiya clan is expanding. We should tell Mom, Dad and Takeru." Hiroto suggested and then added, "Masaki if I have a son, can I name him Takeru?"

"I think he and I both would like that. How about you Noriko?" Masaki asked.

"I'd love that."

Asuga grinned, "well there's a lot of time to choose baby names, get nursery stuff and prepare for parenthood."

"Damn it, I can't drink tequila until after I give birth!" Noriko groaned.

"Well those breathing exercises to calm down, will come in handy when that happens," Masaki joked.

Hiroto grinned, "there's going to be a lot of changes going forward."

"Pregnant hellcats... God help you two," Asuga laughed.

"Should we wait the three months before telling anyone about our pregnancies?" Noriko asked.

No one wanted to think about a possible miscarriage. Hiroto hugged her. "We'll tell Mom, Dad and Takeru now. Then in three months, we'll tell everyone else, maybe do a gender reveal with Hyuga's coloured smoke bombs."

Masaki shook his brother's hand. "Great idea."

Since the sun was setting, they all chose to wear their helmets to ride. There was little traffic and so it was a smooth ride to the cemetery. Together the four of them stood before the two graves, with the setting sun painting the sky with shades of red and yellow.

"Mom, Dad, Takeru, the Twins are pregnant! We're going to be fathers!" Masaki and Hiroto said almost in unison.

"We promise to be good mothers and wives," Asuga and Noriko said together.

The four of them bowed to the cross headstones. Then the Amamiya brothers took a sip each from a flask and poured the rest over the two graves. "We will protect our family, like you all showed us yourselves and make you three proud." Hiroto vowed.

"We're going to have to change the room we shared at the apartment into a nursery," Noriko suggested as they returned to their motorcycles.

Asuga added, "same with a room at the house."

"We'll have a lot to prepare, but there's lots of time," Masaki agreed.