CHAPTER #12

[Violence]

Sure enough, the Amamiya Brothers' instincts were right on the money. It was the end of sunset, with night rolling in, when the first signs of mafia men, set off the motion sensor alarms around the safe house property. There was no sound, so the thugs thought they would take the house occupants by surprise. Saigo sent a mass text to everyone in the house, warning of the intruders. Kikuchi and Hiroto escorted the witnesses into the panic room. Masaki threw on his pants and boots, telling Asuga to make haste and do the same. They buckled up each other's bullet proof vests. Noriko had been in the shower, so didn't initially hear the cell. It was actually Hiroto walking in and calling out her name, that alerted her to trouble.

"We've got hitmen breaching the walls. Get ready to fight."

Noriko threw on her stitched up riding leathers and boots. Hiroto made sure the vest was on properly. He was calm and helped her focus on the fight ahead. "Stick to the shadows and do as we drilled last week."

"Asuga and Masaki?"

"On the main level for the first wave. The snitches are in the safe room."

"That's good, I already taught the brother how to use the computer to make sure only one of us, can get them out." Noriko softly spoke, just in case someone had already made it into the house.

Together they left her room and then split up, Hiroto moving down to the first floor, at the back of the house. Noriko did the same, but at the other end. This time the thugs made it very clear that they had brought fire power. An onslaught of bullets peppered the walls and windows of the house, due to machine-gun fire. The gun shot sound was minimal and Saigo guessed all guns had sound suppressers on too. Kikuchi on the roof, began to pick his shots, taking out the men with the machine guns, so that only the semi-automatics were left. Saigo was on the move, having already hit the kill switch for the house lights, sinking it into darkness, other than the glow of emergency lights and the soft light from the moon. He was making sure all his shots were fatal. He also had a shot gun, to hit the thugs who came as a group. With him running all over the house, it seemed like there were more police inside, than there really was. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to keep the mafia wave from gaining entry. However the gun men were still just outside, it was the men with knives and pipes that came through windows and the doors. At the front, Masaki was in fine form, disabling the gunmen with kicks and taking apart the weapons that tried to come in close. Asuga was also using kicks, but she got a message from Saigo, to start shooting as some gunmen were making it into the house. He directed her to where the men would have to come, to penetrate deeper into the mansion. Unwilling to kill, she shot at their thighs and shoulders.  Her dad would've been proud, because her bullets hit their targets exactly where she wanted. The volume of intruders meant she ran out of bullets fast. After both clips were spent, she used the butt of the gun to enhance her punches. Asuga was forced to retreat to an area closer to where Masaki was. She could see the blade, as a thug came running towards her. Asuga didn't expect the man to just use his body and slam into her. She was knocked to the ground with a thud, hard enough that the gun went flying out of her hand and disappeared under a sitting chair. Fighting from her back, wasn't a strong point, especially against a knife. The man straddled her, pinning her legs, so she was unable to move. His weight alone, hindered the ability to get out from under him. Asuga yelled in frustration and a little fear, trying to protect herself from the knife.

Masaki lined up the thug's head and punted it like a football. The head violently jolted backwards, then the body slumped limp beside Asuga, on the white tile floor.

"I think you fractured his scull with that one," Asuga observed peering closely at her disabled attacker.

"Serves him right for trying to knife my woman." He waited just long enough for her to get up and start fighting again. "I'm going up, more are coming in on the second floor."