CHAPTER #25

Even though Noriko had returned, things were not back to normal. The relationship between the sisters remained strained. With Hiroto, Noriko had become so introverted, it was like when they'd first met. Her pain was still fresh and he needed to earn her trust again. She slept either in the room that once was Takeru's or if Asuga was in there, the floor in the living room was Noriko's spot. Even at the end of two months, the only jobs she went on were when it included the four of them. Otherwise all Noriko did was cook, run and spar with Masaki. It put a damper on everyones mood and they tried to give her space, as much as possible.

Surprisingly it was Ice who called Noriko out of the blue. Hiroto was in the kitchen, when she received the call. She put Ice on speaker phone.

"Hey I need a date, you free?"

Her laugh was genuine when she asked, "you're kidding right? What happened to Dixie and Sara?"

"Dixie is Pho's date and Sara will be with Jesse. We're going into a foreign wolf's den and I want a girl I know can fight, should it come down to that."

Curiosity got the better of her, "what's in it for me?"

He told her how much cash she'd get. It was a very large amount and worth participation.

"How long do I have to be your date and what's the dress code?"

"Five hours at the most, less if all goes well. I'll send what you'll be wearing, if you tell me your sizes, or I can guess."

Without consulting Hiroto, she told him her measurements and the address where to send the dress. "When is this happening and are you picking me up?"

"Tonight at seven I'll pick you up in a white McLaren. I'll send the dress within the hour." Ice hung up after telling her the details.

Hiroto wasn't happy, but he knew better than to forbid her to go. "All I ask is that you leave your cell phone on and keep it with you at all times."

"Do you trust Ice?" She asked.

"No, but I do trust you. If there's trouble you can't handle, I know you'll call us."

"Okay," there was nothing more to say.

Hiroto went back outside with a bucket of hot water, as he was cleaning the bug splat off his motorcycle. Then he had to clean the chrome parts and wax the black areas. It was a long process some days. To win favour with Noriko, he planned to wash her Harley too.

True to Ice's word, the dress for Noriko arrived. It was a pearl white satin dress with a print of blood red cherry blossoms traveling down one side, from the sweetheart neckline to a thigh high slit. It had thin spaghetti straps that were adjustable. Ice had sent matching red heals and lipstick. The one item in the box that made her grin, was a thigh strap. There was a note explaining she could either use it to keep her cell in or a knife. Noriko got into the dress, leaving the Amamiya necklace on. Next she used the thigh strap on the leg that didn't have the slit and walked around in the heals, to see if all of it was comfortable.

Masaki whistled when he saw her. "Wow, you look amazing! Has Hiroto seen you yet?"

"Thanks. No he's outside." She walked into the washroom and curled her hair just enough that it fell down her back in soft waves. Makeup was subtly applied, but enhanced her eyes. The lipstick was the last to be applied.

When she waited for Ice to come, Hiroto finally saw Noriko, her beauty stole his breath. He stopped where he stood in the doorway.

Thinking he wasn't happy because she had no purse, she pulled up the dress bottom to show him the thigh strap. "My cell phone is on and fully charged."