CHAPTER #23

[Some Violence]

Noriko stood in the bedroom doorway, unable to believe her eyes. Pain pierced her heart, freezing everything, even the ability to breathe. She wanted to throw up and scream at the same time, but did nothing. Just watching her sister on top of Hiroto on the new bed, was torment. They hadn't even slept on it together yet. Hiroto reached up and tucked a strand of hair behind Asuga's ear, it was an intimate gesture. They were both smiling. Finally her feet moved and she backed away, trying to shut out the betrayal of the two people she loved the most. Her brain couldn't register that both had been fully clothed. There was only one answer to what she'd seen. Leaving was a must, but Noriko realized her keys and helmet were in Hiroto's room. On the kitchen table lay Asuga's motorcycle keys, she chose to take that instead. Not bothering with a helmet, she rode wearing her sunglasses, no destination in mind, because she had no where to go to find sanctuary.  S.W.O.R.D. wouldn't help her, because that might start a war with the Amamiya Brothers.

It was Little Asia she arrived in first, refuelling was the only reason Noriko stopped. Here there would be someone to fight. It didn't take her long, after gassing up, to find what she was looking for. To her surprise, she saw the kid Jamuo from Oya High. He was being beaten upon, by guys twice his size. Not caring what happened to her, she parked the motorcycle and headed into the fight. When Noriko was punched in the face, she felt nothing, even when a ring cut her cheek. A kick to the guy's ribs, with the power of rage behind it, broke bones. Then fists were thrown by her and the bullies. Every punch and kick that landed on Noriko, she felt nothing. It was like her body was completely numb. When there is no pain, nothing can stop you until you're knocked out cold or dead. The fight with the bullies only ended, when all the guys no longer stepped up towards her. The thirty guys, lay groaning in pain on the ground. She turned to Jamuo.

"Do you think you can walk?"

He nodded, his mouth too swollen to talk.

Noriko half carried him to the motorcycle. From her interior breast pocket she pulled out her cell phone and called Fujio. "Where are you?" She cut him off from even saying hello. Waited for his reply and ordered. "Stay there." After ending the call, she turned off the cell phone.

She got on the Ninja and started it up. To Jamuo she said, "hold on to me and try not to pass out."

Together they left Little Asia and she raced to Oya High. Noriko didn't break too many traffic laws, so it did take a bit to get to where Fujio waited. On arrival she saw he wasn't alone.

"Come get your friend."

"Asuga, where did you find him? We were just gathering the guys to bring him back." Tsukasa asked.

She didn't correct him when he thought Noriko was her sister. It was probably because these days their hair was the same length and they both wore it braided when riding. It was an easy mistake for those who didn't know them well. "He was being beaten in Little Asia."

"Thanks for bringing him back," Fujio said.

Giving him a nod, she backed up the motorcycle using her feet and then left.

As she rode away, Fujio corrected Tsukasa. "That was Noriko, not her sister."

"How do you know? It was Asuga's motorcycle."

"I just do.... Come on let's get Jamuo home."

After leaving Oya High district, Noriko decided she'd go to the Mighty Warrior's club, Funk Jungle. If there was one guy who would take on the Amamiya Brothers with no fear, it was Ice. She'd pay him to give her a place to stay, until she knew what to do next. The first ATM Noriko came to, she withdrew a large amount of cash and put some in her breast pocket and the rest in her boots. On the ride to the bayside district, every traffic law was broken. When the Ninja screamed past traffic cops, they didn't even give chase, because she was riding so fast.