CHAPTER #9

After a month with no trouble for the twins, the guys let them ride alone and take jobs without them.

"The girls should be back by now," Hiroto said impatiently.

Masaki looked at his phone, "they've been stopped on that road, for longer than normal. Let's go get them."

Their instinct was right, the twins were held up by some men, who looked like the mafia thugs that once harassed them. Nothing was happening, yet the cars blocked their escape. What were they waiting for? The answer came, at the same time as the Amamiya Brothers arrival.

A short man, in a glossy suit came out of a black SUV. The brothers could hear him, but were as of yet unable to reach the girls.

"Well if it isn't the Chiba Twin sisters. I thought either you'd be whores or dead by now."

"Who the fuck are you?" Noriko became defensive and stepped in front of Asuga protectively.

"The man who defeated your father and broke your mother."

The brothers had fought past the other thugs and ran forward to reach the twins.

Noriko screamed like a banshie and tried to attack the man, but the Amamiya Brothers held her back.

Hiroto threatened, "you're a dead man."

Asuga cried, "why? Why did you kill our parents?"

"Your father wanted my job and your mother was the reward for stopping him. And now I'll take you too, I'm tired of waiting."

Masaki and Hiroto moved forward as one, while Noriko held on to Asuga. The man's tattoos told them he was from a branch of the Yakuza, probably an Enforcer. The man tried to use a gun in one hand and a knife in the other, Masaki disarmed the gun, while Hiroto kicked the knife out of his hand. Then the true fight began.

Noriko recognized some of the martial art styles that the man used and couldn't help calling them out. "Aikido, Jeet Kune Do, and that's Krav Maga!"

Asuga stopped freaking out. "What the hell are you saying?"

Masaki answered as he blocked a kick, "she's naming this asshole's fighting styles. He's a mixed martial artist."

"Doesn't matter, we'll win." Hiroto said definitely.

It was true, they were slowly gaining the upper hand, thanks to their years of fighting with S.W.O.R.D. members and their enemies. Also they were younger than the man in question, which meant their stamina was better too. Hiroto landed an a 5>2>3 combination (lead uppercut-cross-lead hook), causing a total knockout.

"Don't kill him," Noriko said. Noticing the men who'd been blocking them had all suddenly left.

"He's asleep now, that's it."

Asuga came to Masaki. "Do we just leave him here?"

He didn't get to answer. A black SUV pulled up. A foreigner got out of it, walked over and shot the man in the head. He tapped the earbud and reported. "The rogue one is dead." Then to the four remaining he advised in Japanese that was barely comprehensible. "Forget this, forget him, forget me and leave."

Hiroto nodded. "Let's go."

The sisters left first, Masaki covered Hiroto, as he walked backwards to his motorcycle. When no retaliation came, the brothers rode away, catching up to the twins. They didn't ride a direct route home, instead it was through every territory of S.W.O.R.D., just in case they were followed. The Amamiya Brothers and the girls they escorted, were the only ones allowed to freely ride where they wanted. Once back at the brothers' place, they discussed what had just happened.

Asuga asked, "Nori, do you really believe dad was involved with the mafia?"

"It would explain a lot, like why he trained us to fight and then just disappeared."

"I don't buy it. He was way too self-righteous to be involved with organized crime. He could've been a cop for all we know."

Norkio shrugged, "maybe. Anyway hopefully now we'll not be hunted anymore. I wish we had graves to visit, to tell them their deaths were avenged."

Asuga looked at Masaki and Hiroto. "Thank you both, for everything. Without you we would've probably ended up like our parents."

"Not so sure about that. We've heard about the Chiba Twins on the street before, just didn't connect that they were you girls."

Hiroto agreed, "you're not legends like us, but we chose you as our girlfriends for a reason."

Neither girl had realized they'd become more than just friends with benefits. Noriko asked, "so you love me too?"

Asuga was startled, "wait! You confessed to Hiro and never told me?"

"She said it twice. First when she thought I was asleep and then it slipped out when we were having sex."

"WHAT?!" Both Masaki and Noriko exclaimed.

"You heard me both times! But you never said it to me!" She was almost mad at him.

"I wasn't sure if you meant it."

"That's so like you Hiro. So do you feel the same about her?"

"None of your business Masaki."

Asuga looked from one brother to the other. "Masaki said those three words to me, but I didn't believe it either."

This time Hiroto was surprised. "When did he do that?"

"The first night we were together, the time Noriko took the bullet for you and last week. But I know he's a ladies man, so why would he want to tie himself down to just me?"

"Good point," Noriko said. "But you're just as much of a player as he is."

"Nori are you calling me a slut?"

Noriko rolled her eyes. "No, but you flirt with every hot guy, especially ones that can fight better than you."

Masaki silenced them all. "I meant it." He went to Asuga and gave her his motorcycle's spare key. "I love you Asuga Chiba and I want you to be my girl."

"I love you too!" She jumped into his arms, kissing him all over. He carried her like that into his room, leaving Hiroto and Noriko to figure out what they wanted, by themselves.

Noriko went to the fridge, hand on the freezer door, but not opening it. Tequila couldn't calm her down and she knew that. Hiroto had followed, putting a hand on her shoulder, then turned her around. Moving until he was almost on top of her, lips so close they brushed against her ear, he said, "these words are only meant for you to hear; I love you too."

She shivered and as he looked at her, searched his eyes for truth. Noriko lifted the sleeve of her t-shirt and showed him the fresh tattoo of the Amamiya Brothers' logo. "I love you more."

He sucked on his lower lip a moment, then let it go. "Challenge accepted."