CHAPTER #20

[Mild Violence]

Almost a month had past since the Twins were in the hospital. The doctors had given them multiple follow up appointments and finally cleared them for good. Just in time too.  The building where they lived, was having its tenants forced to relocate. New condo development, was using thugs to encourage the occupants of the apartments to leave. The thugs were told to use any means necessary and thus they had no care if the person was elderly or even a child.

Asuga and Noriko came back to the Amamiya brothers apartment, after a jog and saw an old woman and young boy crying by the garbage containers. They both were bruised and the old lady had a bad cut on her arm.

"What happened?" Noriko asked gently, crouching down to hear them speak.

"The men came and threw our things out the door and over the railing. I tried to stop them from beating my grandson, but they just hit me with baseball bats." The woman sobbed. "We have no where to go."

Asuga checked the little boy, he was scratched, bruised and had a lump on his head. "Come with us, we'll get you cleaned up."

Noriko found out the old woman couldn't stand and so offered to piggyback her. The woman hardly weighed anything and it made Noriko angry that the grandmother was treated so badly. "Where's Hiroto and Masaki?" She asked her sister.

"On a job. I'll text them and see if they'll be home soon."

The twins cleaned up the wounds of the grandmother and boy, fed them some porridge and soup, then let them rest in the twins' room. Noriko went to pick up the things that had been beside the old lady and anything salvageable that was on the ground below. She remembered seeing the little boy before, but not the grandmother.

"I hope those thugs come back, so I can teach them a lesson about respecting the elderly!" Asuga angrily whispered, so she wouldn't disturb their guests.

"No manners at all, the jerks. What kind of cowards beat on a little boy and an old lady?" Noriko asked with disgust.

"What happened to buying out leases, so the people willingly move? Why does it always come down to violence? Those greedy jerks."

It was later that afternoon, when the thugs came back, pounding on the door of the Amamiya apartment. The twins yelled through the door, but refused to open it. They couldn't fight and protect their guests too. The thugs tried to break in, using an ax on the door, but the sisters piled furniture in front of it. So even though the wood splintered and cracked, the thugs were unable to force their way in.

"Stupid bitches, we'll come back for you tonight and we won't be nice." A thug yelled through the hole in the door.

With anger boiling their blood, the sisters kept up their vigilance all afternoon. When the yelling stopped, they peaked out the window and saw that the thugs' vehicles had left, so the twins finally moved the furniture from the door.

"We've got to take these two somewhere safe for now. Who should we call?" Asuga asked.

Noriko shrugged, "we know Mr. Murayama and Cobra, there's Fujio and Tsukasa too, but that's it. I'll call Mr. Murayama and Cobra, you call the high school guys. See what they say."

The girls couldn't reach Cobra. Noriko placed the next call and after two rings, the cell was answered. "Hi Mr. Murayama, it's Noriko. Um, our apartment has thugs trying to relocate us."

"Are they there now?"

"No, but we have a grandmother and grandson here, that need to stay somewhere safe until we get rid of these assholes. Can you help?"