Chapter 8

Over the next couple of days, you observed that Obito had started to wait inside the library instead of outside like usual. Seeing you with Hidan or worse, Hidan AND Deidara put him in a bad mood, though he refused to admit it. Given that you actually were with Hidan or Deidara most of the times when you weren't in class or weren't with Obito, it was probably wise for him to do so.

"Hey so I will see you tonight then, bye", Obito disconnects the call he was on when you came over and took a seat next to him.

"Big plans?", you smirk looking at him.

"How did you know?", he blushes. You raise your eyebrow in curiosity and irritation as you assumed it must be Rin he was talking to.

"So there is a party at Rin's place and she has invited me", he grins blushing even more.

"Great." You utter just a word and proceed to open the book. You had lost count of how many parties this girl went to.

"It ll be fun!"

"Yeah." You say looking at your phone.

"You okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" You remark looking up at him.

"Let's study."

About two hours later, Obito closes his book and sighs. He picks up his phone and ends up seeing Rin's photo with Toshiro at her house.

"That stare would go straight through the phone", you warn.

He locks the phone and keeps it aside to fake focus on his book.

"Y/N", he sighs and starts, making you look up.

"Do you want to come with me to the party?"

"And third wheel with you and Rin? No thank you!"

"You won't be third wheeling. It'll be fun, come on."
He himself didn't want to third wheel with Rin and Toshiro and didn't want to get stuck with Kakashi being Kakashi - perfect and the centre of attention without doing practically nothing.

"I don't even know her, Bito."

"Doesn't matter, at all. You can leave if you don't like, I promise."

"I don't know why you want me there given you are so interested in Rin." Your voice had an unintentional negative undertone.

"Do you not like her?"
"I don't know her! But fine, I will come with you", you say not wanting to go in that direction. You didn't have any opinion about her.

Or so you thought!

"There you are!" Hidan puts his head in into your room.
"Thank fuck, I have been searching for you everywhere!"

Obito looks at him annoyed as usual. He definitely had a lot of thoughts about Hidan. None of them good, though.

"Why were you looking for me?"

"We are stuck on a problem and we need your help!"

"I have a phone you know, you can text me or call?"

"I thought you would be around. Do you wanna come, we are in the basement!"

"Sure, we are just finishing up", you look at Obito and nod.

"We have plans!" Obito pouts and furrows his forehead.

"It won't take long." Hidan rolls his eyes.

"You can go ahead, I will join you."

"Can you leave, I wanna talk to her", Obito says looking at Hidan.

"Why? She clearly said she doesn't want to go out with you."