Chapter 19

You had no will to get out of your room at all the next day, but you still did. You didn't want to search for Hidan and talk to him either, but you were going to regardless.

"There is no point left. I just don't feel anything for him any more. It was a long time coming," you exclaim to Yugao sitting on the lawn behind the library. It was a great day, the weather was perfect. Sipping your iced latte, you gazed off in the distance while Yugao sat leaning against a tree.

"Do you really don't feel anything?"

"I think it sucks that I have to break up with him, but I guess it is for the best? Doesn't mean I am not going to hurt. The good times were good."

She leans in to you a side hug.

"Last years coming up soon anyway, need to focus", you give her a pursed-lip smile and get up, dusting the grass off your pants.

"So you going to do this?" she asks looking up at you.

"Most certainly am. Wish me luck", you laugh crossing your fingers.

"Well good luck, you know where to find me!" she shouts behind you and you blow her a flying kiss.

Looking for Hidan all over, you finally find him near the unofficial skate park on the edge of the campus, sitting with other people you didn't know. Sighing, you gather up the courage to go talk to him.

"Hey" you do a quick small wave to get his attention. Getting up quickly, he holds your arm and pulls you away from the crowd into a secluded corner.

"What are you doing here?" he asks, urgency on his face, looking around to confirm they were completely isolated.

"I wanted to talk to you, about yesterday."

"I already said sorry, I don't know what you want from me really!"

Astonished, you look at his face. Was he being serious right now?

"Hidan, it is not just about yesterday. It has been going on for quite a while now, I think we should really talk about it. About us," you look at his face to gauge his expression.

But you see him almost smile. Smile?

"Great. I didn't know how to bring it up to you, in case you cry and I can't deal with all that drama that usually comes with the break up. Thank you for bringing it up."

What?

You look at him confused, this was definitely not what you had expected, at all.

"What?" you manage to say finally.

"You weren't breaking up with me?" he asks hesitantly.

"Uhh..."

"Well.. shit. You are not gonna cry now are you?" he looks at you with a slight annoyance on his face.

"I am not gonna cry, what the hell?" you shout at him rather cowardly. Yes you were not going to cry but you were still shocked.

"Keep your fucking voice down", he says and looks around. What was he afraid of? His reputation in front of his new friends?

"How dare you break up with me?" you say with a quivering voice.

"I can't be the kind of boyfriend you want. And that constant nagging of yours, Hidan this and Hidan that. I can't take it, okay? So if you weren't going to break up with me, too bad, because it is fucking done now," he shrugs taking a step back.

You keep staring at him like a dummy, unable to say anything clever or anything at all.

"I am gonna go back if you have nothing to say!" he says taking another step back.