Chapter 4

Konoha City always had a fireworks show late evening on this day since it was its founding day. A lot of people gather around the tallest hill to watch it.

You end up buying a few snacks, juices, soda before heading towards the hill. It usually gets crowded and it is not always easy to get out once you get a good place to park the car and watch the show. When you reach, you find a lot of cars already lined up so you keep going higher up the hill hoping you'll find a good place. Luckily, you do and you park. You open the sunroof to watch the late evening sky. The weather is nice, not too chilly which makes it even better. You get out of the car and fold the front seat and move it forward so there is more leg space in the back and tell Obito to do the same. Since the sunroof is open and the front seats moved ahead, the back seats look very cozy under the stars. He joins you with all the food and drinks that you had got.

"Impromptu picnic", you say happy with yourself.

"Way better than whatever we were at before", he says laughing and offers you the packet of chips he opened.

"Oh definitely", you say taking a couple and resting your feet on the folded front seat.

Under ten minutes you see the entire hill full of cars and getting packed. It would be difficult for you to leave before most left since there was no place to get your car out. You were thankful you reached on time, a few minutes late and you would have had to watch it from some inconvenient place, or maybe not at all. you loved fireworks and since this was an important day, you just loved it. 

The place was very lively, children running around getting excited, their parents trying to get them back to the cars. Younger crowd with their friends turning this into a picnic not unlike yours, in the back of their pick up trucks, older couples getting as excited as the young ones, sitting against the bonnet of the cars, it was a fun scene to watch. Obito and you talk excitedly looking at everyone, mainly making jokes about someone's weird hat, their cliche dashboard dolls, and everyone and everything around you.

~~ Fireworks show, brought to you by Deidara's brilliant art ~~

Soon the fireworks start, starting with smaller colorful ones that went straight up in the sky in straight lines. Everyone grew increasingly silent once it started, you stop munching on the chips, too. The lights around dimmed a bit, making the fireworks shine brighter in the sky. After a few minutes, it is switched to sky flyer - the ones that spin fast while going to the sky and explode in different patterns. They were multiple colors, too making you as excited as the kids around you.

"Isn't this pretty?", you see looking at Obito whose eyes are also glued to the sky in childish excitement.

"It is. I always skipped this, thinking fireworks is for kids or those gross in love couples", he says without moving his eyes from the sky.

"Yes, even now, most of them are kissing for no reason", you laugh looking at everyone who was getting extremely cozy, some downright inappropriate around you.

"One thing I hate about dark events, light shows, concerts", you say trailing off.

"Tell me about it", he replies.

You wiggle your toes as you start feeling cold soon, but you are engrossed in the show so you don't realize. You absent-mindedly pull your legs close to you and pull your jacket tighter close to you. Sensing your movements from the corner of his eye, he puts an arm around you and rubs your arm to help keep you warm. You scoot closer to him, both of you still paying attention to the show. The fireworks have now switched to those bigger ones, which explode multiple times in multiple colors covering half the sky. The show organizers had upped their game this time and it was mesmerizing. There were smoke and lights, different explosions in the shape of monuments of Konoha made their appearances along with lights and lasers. All in all, the show was better than you both expected, especially him.