Chapter 5

You sit in the car once you reach your house replaying the events of the evening. When you had left the house before the party, you wouldn't have imagined beyond your wildest dreams that this would happen. You sigh and keep your head on the steering wheel. Your brain was in overdrive thinking about every good and bad scenario, playing a million possibilities in your head. You turn off your car and get out, locking it behind you. You come back and run straight to your bed and plop on your stomach, crashing face first on your pillow. Today was too good to be true, it was a fairy tale. You didn't believe in stupid, sappy love stories, and yeah it was just a kiss but it was first time in forever you actually didn't feel like a reject. It was not like you were head over heels with Obito, you for a fact, were not. But there was a little hope in your heart - hope of moving on, hope of finding someone. 

You check your phone to see a text from Obito. 

Obito: Reached?

You: Yes, just.

 Obito: Thanks

You: What for?

Obito: Chips and snacks

You: You owe me $12.42

Obito: Oh

Obito: I can send it now

You: Kidding!!!!! 

Obito: Thanks for today. I had a good time. 

You: Me too!!

............

Obito: Well, see you tomorrow. Good night ❤️

You: Good night ❤️

You stared at the phone screen for some time, staring intently at that ❤️. 

It was unreal and scary. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was busy time in the semester, so you couldn't meet each other the next few days being busy with assignments and such.

You finally meet him the following Tuesday. You were sitting in the library as usual, Asuma-Kurenai were there, too but somehow it hurt less today. You finish your lunch and start looking at the assignment till Obito comes over with a coffee in his hand.

"For you", he says grinning shyly and keeps it on the table next to you.

"Is this going to be a thing, now?", you ask chuckling. 

"No, I was just ..", he says and scratches the back of his neck.

 "We should go in", he says and goes in without waiting for you. 

He was acting weird for sure. You pick your things up and follow him into the study room and close the door behind you.

 "So what are we studying, today?", he asks fumbling with his bag and books.

 "Hey, are you okay?", you ask him settling down in your chair. 

You are a little sad by his behavior at the moment, like he didn't want to be there, or didn't want to talk.

"Yeah I am", he replies without even looking. 

"Hey", you say and hold his hand and shake it to make him look at you. 

He slowly raises his face, pink dust on his cheeks. His eyes meet yours and he quickly looks away. 

"I understand you don't want to talk about it, but you don't have to be childish either", you say leaving his hand and bringing it awkwardly back to your lap.