Chapter 21

On reaching, Rin opens the door to get down without saying anything.

"Rin, I am sorry." Obito holds her hand to stop her.

"What is wrong with you? Why are you so annoyed at me when she is around?"

"I am not, what are you talking about?"

"You are always either sad or just annoyed the whole time. I thought it would be great to go out together, but no. She had to make it about her." She says in a single breath.

"It wasn't her fault he didn't show up?"

"I don't know Obito and I don't care. I hate her." She folds her hands close to her chest.

"Rin, please stop talking." Obito says calmly looking straight ahead.

She gets out of the car and bangs the door, walking towards her building.

He sat in his car for a while, he didn't feel like going home. He couldn't stop thinking about you and it made his blood boil towards Hidan.

I hope she breaks up with him. He is no good for her. Deidara was more helpful to her than I was, all I could do was stare at her!

He hits his steering wheel out of frustration. It wasn't supposed to be like this. He was so restless the entire time, he hated his life.

Driving back home, he found his favorite punching bag as usual sprawled on the couch reading something, good thing it wasn't his porn book or he would've thrown him out of the window, today.

"Are you done?" Kakashi politely asks after he let Obito rant about obscure things for about ten minutes.

"No I am not. I hate you!" He says and slams his door. Kakashi rolls his eyes and goes back to his reading. Obito did this increasingly and Kakashi knew one day he was going to have to sit him down and talk to him or punch him whichever works.

Obito plops his face in his pillow and lies down on his bed.

Kakashi can't be right. I have loved Rin for so long, I can't just like someone else out of nowhere. And if I do, what is the guarantee that I would not like someone else after that? Probably I am fucked up and don't deserve any love.

He texts you if you were doing okay. There was no text from Rin and he didn't even want to text her himself. He couldn't understand her sometimes. His thoughts go back to your broken hearted face. Whatever did she ever see in him?

Couple of days go by, he doesn't see Rin. That was probably the longest he had gone without seeing her since they started dating. He was really stressed out by how much he didn't care. He was fine with her not reaching out to him and didn't want to be the first one like usual, either. Finishing up his assignments for the end of the year had kept him busy enough.

While finishing up his submissions, he sees a text from Rin. Great, fin-fucking-ally!

Rin: Hey

Obito: Hi

Rin: finished up with everything?

Obito: yeah would be done with the last ones in the next hour.

Rin: Great.

-- silence --

Rin: Do you want to meet?

Obito: What for?

Rin: I wanted to talk to you. It's been a while.

Obito: sure