Chapter 20 🍋

A/N: Lemon, so read at your own risk, you have been warned.
I am impatient and couldn't wait to publish, so enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are you, un?" Deidara asks as soon as you pick up the call. It had been almost a week since the break up and you were avoiding him. You didn't have it in you to have a conversation with him about the break up and you leaving, if you could avoid it, but you also felt guilty, so you finally answer his call. 

"Umm, I am in the lab" you lie, not being entirely sure. 

"I can hear you through the door, so please don't lie, hm?" he says calmly. Biting your tongue, you face palm yourself. You didn't expect him to be standing outside your door. Slyly opening, you see him looking at you with a disappointed expression. 

"Heyyyy" you say extra sweetly and open the door. 

"Why are you ignoring me?" he asks as soon as he gets in. 

"I wasn't ignoring you," you sigh. 

"Then?"

"I was busy."

"Too busy to tell me about the break-up?"

"I ..."

"You what?"

"I didn't know how to tell you, or if I should tell you. I mean you are his best friend after all. He had said you guys are his family, so I thought I should just leave you guys alone.

He furrows his eyebrows and clenches his jaw for a second and looks away.

"I.. I am sorry Dei." He was clearly mad at you.

"Don't be sorry."

"Are you mad at me?"

"I am not.. not mad at you. Just I thought we were actually friends. But you still consider us or rather me as his friend and not yours, so I don't think I should be here."

"I didn't mean it like that, Dei. Of course you guys are my friends. But with every break up, there are sides and why would you choose to be on mine?"

"Because we are smart enough to understand that not every break up is about right or wrong? We weren't blind to see what was going on between Hidan and you and as much as I care for him, you weren't really suited for each other. Sorry if I offend you with that" he says in a breath.

Yeah, it was obvious to everyone, you weren't surprised.

"So, as your friend can I ask how you are doing?"

You give him a watery smile. He had really been a good friend to you in the past year and you were definitely going to miss him. Walking slowly to the couch, you put all your weight down and slump. 

"Can I ask why? Something tells me it is not the break-up", joining you on the couch, he put his arm on the head rest and shifts his body to face you. 

"I got an internship, in the research institute I always wanted to be in", you sigh. 

"And?"

"It is in Kiri."

He waits two minutes before opening his mouth.

"When do you leave?"

"Twoish weeks."

"And you are sad because?"

"I don't know. I don't wanna leave, yet. I am not ready!" you exclaim lifting your gaze to look at him.