50. Therapy

VOTE AND COMMENT HECK YEAH NEW UPDATE

Chapter 50 - Therapy

      Small little winds blew in my face as I waited. My hands were loosely gripping the steering wheel while I kept myself entertained with the radio playing softly in the background. Derek's car smelled like his gym socks and sex. There was no in between.

      Having the air condition blowing in my face was probably not the best idea, but Alex was going to be done with band practice. It was soon to be seven p.m. and he needed a ride back to his apartment. His car wouldn't start up this morning, so Jack ended up picking Alex up in his mom's car, but now that Jack's mom needed her van, it was up to me to be Alex's transportation.

    Derek wasn't too pleased when I asked for his keys, but luckily, he obliged and threw them at me.

      That had left me to where I was now, waiting outside of Jack's house, and just wanting to see Alex after a long day of studying, and the last full day I would get for studying. This week had passed sluggishly and now I was stuck on a Sunday evening doing this.

    I checked my phone for any messages and was only faced with nothing. "C'mon, Alex," I groaned. 

     I didn't want to go inside to get him, especially with me being in my pajamas. It would be pure embarrassment to have the boys see me in my heart designed bottoms. Plus, my hair looked like a mess and the bags underneath my eyes made me appear to look like I wanted to kill someone.

    But finally, five minutes later, Alex exited out of the house, and began to walk down Jack's driveway. He wore simple skinny jeans and a green ugly sweater. A part of me wanted to burn it off his body, but seeing him in it made me smile like a goof.

       "Hey," he greeted me as he got in. He pecked a small kiss on my cheek before I put the car in the drive.

       "How was practice?" I asked, and placed my foot on the gas petal, moving the car forward.

       Alex sat back in his seat, prompting his legs up on the dashboard, and clearly forgetting whose car we were in. 

       "It went good," he half smiled. "We wrote a new song too."

     A smile tugged on my lips from what I had heard. Any song written by Alex I automatically loved. It was something that I was always eager to hear whenever he mentioned a new song.

   "Can I hear it?" I bit my lip, hoping he'd say yes.

   He slightly nodded his head. "It's not really a good of a song," he shrugged. 

      "Well, I'll be the judge of that." I smirked. I didn't believe a word he was saying. Sure, the band had written some pretty awful lyrics before that made no sense, but recently, they were becoming better with each writing session they had.

       Sooner or later, I had pulled up to his apartment building. Derek's car came to a halt with a loud ruckus, making me wish to be anywhere but in this deathtrap called a car.

    "Are you going to hang out?" Alex frowned, wondering why I hadn't bothered with turning off the engine or take off my seat belt.

   I shrugged in response. "I don't know," I bit my lip. "I have so much studying to do."

     "Nope," he shook his head and simultaneously reached across to take the keys out of the ignition. "You're with me tonight, no but's."

    Alex left me with no room to talk, and with only one choice. I followed him upstairs to his apartment as he whistled an unfamiliar song. The elevator was broken, forcing us to walk the flight of stairs, which had sparked him to whistle through his teeth of the tune. I was itching to know where it was from, or perhaps the song he and the boys had written.