39. Time Bomb

Chapter 39 -  Time Bomb

  The hot blaring sun shined on my rather cold skin. My eyes refused to open, completely tired they were. The atmosphere was cooler than normal, which led me to the conclusion of being in Alex's apartment. It was probably the only apartment in the whole tri-state county that was freezing in this month of February. Even, the tiny hairs on my skin were sticking up with goose bumps from the coldness.

   My legs tried to move, but only to be found tangled up in the white sheets and Alex's legs. Finally, my eyes jadedly opened, squinting at the harsh sudden light.

     Looking down, I was half naked, with only Alex’s black shirt hanging off my back. I glanced to see Alex wrapped around my back, his arms firmly snaked to my waist and his head snuggled in the connecting area of my neck and shoulder.

    His cheeks were flushed while he breathed in and out of his lips, which had drool slowly collecting. His chest was bare, and as far as I could tell, he only had his boxers on.

      There was a dull ache when I had moved the slightest inch, making me remember all of the events from last night. I wouldn’t have had it any other way with Alex. Of course, things possibly could be better between the two of us, but we were getting there. Our trust was gradually forming back, even though yesterday contradicts all of that. But I knew one thing strongly, and had no doubt on; I loved Alex.

    “What has you smiling like a fool this early in the morning?” A raspy morning voice chimed in.

      My smile was ear to ear from just hearing his angelic voice. I turned around in his arms, facing him. He was smirking lightly and his brown hair glimmer a golden haze with the sun shining just perfectly on it.

    His hand was pressed against my lower back, rubbing softly in a circular motion. Our eyes stared into each other’s, and I think we about got lost into them until I said something.

   “Good morning,” I kissed his red nose, which earned me a chuckle from him.

   “G’morning, Tinkerbell,”

       I playfully slapped Alex’s chest from my nickname, which I made it appeared that I always hated, but in reality, I secretly enjoyed it.

  “Can we just stay in bed all day?” he pouted his lips, and pulled me in closer to his warmth.

“I don’t think we can do that,” I said with a giggle.

      His lips started to peck small kisses over my face, causing me to giggle uncontrollably from his actions. Some were sloppy, others short, and some long and hard.

  “Stop it, Alex.” I jokingly pleaded, using my hands to restrain him.

    He hadn’t stop at all, but proceeded with going along with it, until he reached to my neck. That’s when a loud gasped fell from his mouth, and followed by a laugh that he tried to prevent from.

My breathing took an immediate standstill, “What?”

“Oh nothing,” He deviously said, keeping his eyes anywhere put mine; a sign of him lying.

  “Alex,” I warned, furrowing my eyebrows. I was becoming a little frustrating and annoyed. “Tell me.”

  “Just go look in the mirror,”

      Quickly, I hopped out of the comfortable bed and onto the freezing floorboards. I hurriedly walked across the living room, touching my neck out of insecurity. The tenderness led to so many conclusions in my head.