43. Tattoo

Vote and comment as much as you can ;))) Getting comments and votes helps out so much y'all have no idea 

Chapter 43 - Tattoo

"Laila!"

    The thickness of the sticky red substance ran down on my wrist. Her screams petrifying into my ears over and over again. My mother's pleading words to make me stop did little justice to anything of my reoccurring actions towards my sister.

"Laila! Wake up!"

      Cold sweat dripped from my forehead, my eyes quickly took a glance at the surroundings. The dark night held the secrets of what had just happened, something unforgivable. 

"Laila, Jesus Christ, wake up!"

     The shaking of my shoulders jolted me out of my nightmare. The vision of Derek came clear after rubbing my eyes a little. He stood hovering over me, breathless and in his pajamas. 

        "What time is it?" I panicked. It was dawn, I knew that. But I had school today, and being late was something I couldn't do anymore. Graduation was gaining closer and closer it felt like. 

     "About the same time you get up for school." he informed me, his body took a step back, allowing me to have space to breathe. 

   "How long was I screaming for?" I rubbed my tired eyes. These night mares were getting out of control.

    "Fifteen minutes," he said. "You know, you can tell me. You don't have to keep your nightmares in the dark from me."

     I briskly nodded my head. His offer was sweet, but it was too soon, however, these nightmares had been reoccurring since I could remember. It was a part of me I didn't want anyone to know about, especially Derek and my father. 

     Shortly, he left my room so I could get ready for the day. I was beyond tired from last night. I didn't arrive home until two in the morning, all thanks to my lovely boyfriend. But of course, I didn't mind. Last night was another memory to put down in the books. 

    However, Alex's words kept constantly replaying in my head, over and over again, like a broken record player. 'I swear I'm going to marry you', was he crazy? I was in love with him, and I knew it was likewise for him too, but marriage?

      Surely, it proved that time in a relationship was merely just a concept. It was how you spent the time. We hadn't been together for a year and yet he was so willingly to bluntly say how he wanted to marry me. I got a fuzzy warm feeling just thinking about it all. Alex nicely dressed in a tailored suit with his hair hopefully tamed and standing at the end of an aisle. 

Laila Gaskarth.

Laila Rose Gaskarth. 

   I grinned at the thought. The sound of it had a nice ring to it, no pun intended.

    "Laila, hurry up! Ten minutes." My annoying brother called out from down stairs.

     Groaning, I swung my legs over my bed, and gradually got up. I switched into a simple pair of jeans and black blouse, along with a headband to keep my messy hair company. I applied my makeup and out of my bedroom I went. 

     Derek was nice enough to put out a bowl and the necessary items to have cereal, which brought me back to our old times, when we both cooperated as siblings and had a strong bond.

    "Thanks," I yawned loudly, my arms working their magic with pouring the milk.

      After preparing the breakfast, I sat down on the stool next to Derek, who was nonchalantly sitting there, watching me closely, once again. I got the gut to say something, plus this was his second time of this whole staring thing.