Epilogue

Epilogue - Third Person POV

     The following week passed sluggishly for Laila and same as for Alex. The Sunday arrived and Laila was expected to be at Rams Head like promised.

    As the evening rolled in, an excited Alex was turned into a devastating mess from the absence of his girlfriend. His phone calls lead to her voice messaging system, his text messages left unanswered, nothing was working. Just minutes before All Time Low were scheduled to play, he had a gut feeling in his stomach that something was wrong. He raced outside of the venue, leaving his band mates baffled and in shock that he'd leave one of their biggest gigs they had ever booked in their career. 

     He drove the band's van down the highway as fast as he could. The palms of his hands were sweaty, his body being an anxious mess. He knew he was probably worrying over nothing, but the voice inside his head was telling him otherwise. 

    The sprinkles of rain were now a downpour, beating down on the windshield as Alex sped through red-lights, the petal hitting the floor with his foot applying pressure.

    Shortly, he arrived to her house, parking his car on the curb. The driveway was empty and the lights inside the house appeared to be turned off.

     He got out of his car, quickly rushing to the front door as the rain poured into the night. He knocked a couple of times, but there was no answer. He expected to have at least one of her family members to be home. He rung the doorbell a couple of times, and even peaked through one of the windows. However not a soul could be found, causing a nauseous feeling to arouse in his stomach.

     The brunet yanked his phone out of his pocket, checking to see if Laila had responded back to him. But only several messages from his angered band mates filled his notifications. 

   Alex groaned in aggravation. He was frustrated and confused at what he should do. Nothing appeared to be helpful. He maneuvered his attention at the neighbor's house, thinking they might know. 

    He trudged through the front yard with the rain soaking his clothes. His jacket kept him warm as his hand was shoved into one of its pockets, making sure the red-velvet colored square box was still there. It held an important ring, a ring that had his girlfriend's name on it.  It was driving him crazy. He was going to ask her to marry him.

    His fist knocked on the neighbor's front door. His foot tapped nervously as he waited for someone to answer.

     Suddenly, the porch lights turned on, following by the door opening. The neighbor was dressed in his pajamas, his eyes squinting from barely being awake.

     Alex bit his bottom lip, anxious to even speak. "Forgive me for knocking on your door this late at night, I don't mean to be a bother, but have you seen the girl next door?" he asked, "Laila Grey?"

     The neighbor rubbed his chin as he thought hard about it. "Oh, her," he finally remembered. "I saw her family pack boxes into her car."

    The neighbor said she moved away before slamming the door in Alex's face, funny how it rained for the rest of the day.  He didn't think much of it then, but it was starting to all make sense.

    It was unreal for him. It was almost as if he was in a dream...a terrible dream. He was lost and felt stranded. 

   He walked back to his vehicle, his back hunched over, and a panic attack on the verge of happening. He sat in his car, watching the rain pelt on the windshield. His eyebrows furrowed as he deeply thought about Laila, questioning where she could possibly be.