44. Switch Blade Attitude

you guys have been so good with voting and commenting so I uploaded this chapter a day early, keep it up x

Chapter 44 - Switch Blade Attitude

      The burning in my lungs and the aching source in my legs limited my running. I was just a mile away from home. I had recklessly left school without any permission.

        I was livid and completely furious at Alex from what he was doing secretly behind my back. But at this point, I couldn't think about all of this until I was home, in my own safety.

        The cool March air whipped my face and breezed through my hair as I ran against its direction of flow. I was on the side of the road as I jogged, not caring whether or not if I got hit by a car, who knows, maybe I will get hit and die. That way, I wouldn't have to deal with the upcoming hurt and betrayal ahead of me.

         Finally, I saw my house in the distance, which slowed my jogging into an urgent walking pace. My heart longed for my bed and to switch out of my clothing. I had run into mud, causing my shoes to dirty, including the ends of my jeans.

         I wanted to cry but had decided to hold back the tears until I got into my bedroom.

       And by the looks of it, Derek was still home, his car parked outside of the house. I automatically knew that he was going to want an explanation, but he wasn't going to get one, not until I made up a lie for my impulsive behavior.

Impulsive Behavior.

     God, I hated those two words. They were becoming into my daily vocabulary, being constantly said and thought about. I was brave enough to admit that I was impulsive but not directly out loud, if I did, it would only make it truer and it would aggravate me further.

         Lastly, I arrived to my front door and dug in my bag for my keys. I inserted the key and opened the door. Nothing out of the ordinary was happening once I entered, besides all the lights in the house were off. There were no signs of Caleb or my brother until a voice chimed in.

"Laila is that you?"

   It was my brother, he sounded like he was in the living room.

   Immediately, a flash of more anger scorched in me.

     "Leave me alone!" I shrieked.

      Hurriedly, I raced up stairs with my feet creating thumbing noise throughout the house, for a second I thought the walls were rattling from my stomping.

      I slammed my bedroom door shut behind me and locked it, just in case Derek decided to intrude.

   My tired and worn out body went straight first to plummet on top of my bed. My face was stuffed into my pillow as I let out a muffled scream from being raged. My whole being felt like a storm, my mind was the lightning, and my screams were the thunder and the rain was the angry tears building up in my eyes.

    "Laila, open this door, now!" Derek barked on the opposite side of the wooden door. His fists banged against it harshly. I'd be dammed if he actually thought I'd open the door with the way he was shaking my door.

          I stopped screaming into my pillow, giving my vocal cords a break. Derek had suddenly left after the home phone started to ring - probably my school calling about my disorderly conduct.

       I needed to take a shower, the sweat dripping off my back made me cringe. Quickly, I got up from my bed, my legs felt like a gelatin as I walked into my bathroom. I turned on the shower and waited impatiently for the water to heat up. In the meantime, I underdress myself and was content to get out of my clothes that were sticking to my skin.